How Did You Learn

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by genericname, Sep 3, 2008.

1. LOL, we all had the same reaction! :p :D

I've met Timmay and he's an OK guy.

He got lucky during the burgeoning internet bubble (where, so long as you sold it after a few days, everything you bought made money).

That is the equivalent of winning the lottery, with no repeat performance.

Now he's trying to extented his "15 minutes", we'll see how it works out for him, but that's all it is.

#11     Sep 3, 2008
  2. Took a course from a friend of mine about the basics, then did the rest on my own. 80% of my knowledge has probably come from the internet, though. It just requires a lot of sifting, mostly through crap.

#12     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Learning to trade stock is easy. Anybody with access to the Internet can learn it in 10 minutes.

Oh... you mean to MAKE MONEY trading stocks? That's a different story.

Lynch will tell you "invest in what you know".

Cramer had been a fund manager. His books are on general market subjects. Does he have a book to teach people how to trade stocks? I am not aware of it.

Isn't Kiyosaki a real estate guy? Most of the books using his name are not written by him anyway I don't think... Like... Donald Trump would spend his time to write "his" books...

This is a very broad question though... reading books, reading on the Internet, attending seminars, taking some classes, talking to other people. It's a long journey. Unfortunately the one that will shake out the weaks through thousands and thousands of dollar in losses at the beginning. If any successful trader tells you he has never lost any money from the beginning, don't ever believe it. Simulated trading (paper trades) can only take you so far. It's when you use your own money to trade for real, and has real money at stake, that when you make mistakes regardless of how well you think you are prepared by reading, taking classes and doing simulation.

#13     Sep 6, 2008