How did you grow your account into a big one?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by careless, May 14, 2013.

1. ammo

ammo

comparing impossible to possible,it's also curve fitting ,if you do that with your trading it's pretty hard to find a positive attitude to partner with

#121     Jul 3, 2013
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I built my acount in the worst possible way, I was always good at trading stocks, started late 70's with $5,000 and every year for several years was doing couple hundred percent, it was the 80's and everything was going up. Then I got bright idea of going into futures, doing long term and day trading, what a huge flipping mistake. All the money I was making in stocks was lost in trading futures for seven long ass years. But finally figured out what a dumb ass I was, found words like "edge" are other people's illusions, you just have to backtest a lot and money management means so much more in futures than stocks. Stock market has a tendency to rise, futures makes moves that have no reason to go different ways. Well, I finally learned and still learning, but have done very well since 1992. But had I just stayed with stocks, would have seven times more, but now it is more of a way to keep score. At 42 I retired in 1999, and now do as I please.

#122     Jul 3, 2013
  3. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

#123     Jul 4, 2013
  4. umm, i dont know, it just grows by itself,hope it helps

#124     Jul 5, 2013
  5. chimera

chimera

to get big start huge

#125     Jul 8, 2013
  6. Emil

Emil

Very inspiring story, is your trading automated or manual? Would it not make sense to get more exposure by trading more instruments as opposed to focusing on just one?

#126     Aug 2, 2013
  7. Pipflow

Pipflow

Am still in the process of growing my account into a big one and thus planning to scale up and compound the profits 100%.

#127     Aug 6, 2013