How did you get into trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BricksandMortar, Jun 2, 2005.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ooops - deleted the thread cos i re-read it and thought it read too much like a sympathy vote.

basically folks all i said was that i am trading to make money out of necessity after losing several jobs and getting made redundant too many times and sacked a few as well. im totally disillusioned with 9-5 and couldnt go back.

im doing ok.

ps - jaronimo - next time i catch you in my pad, ill have the fucking dogs on you - GOT IT!!

:)

#41     Jun 3, 2005

2. LOL.

Skalpz, no horses, so the stable cleaner job is not gonna fly. There are other jobs though, maybe he needs someone to chew his food or something?

#42     Jun 3, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

what did the guy do who owned the pad?

ive got a good idea that he works the other side of my trades!!

#43     Jun 3, 2005
  4. brush and floss his dog's teeth 4 times a day?

#44     Jun 3, 2005

5. He started from nothing, poor and broke. Now he owns companies. Basically he will give you cash today for your car, house, business, plane, etc. Then he turns around and sells it for market value.

#45     Jun 3, 2005
  6. flyers&divers

flyers&divers Guest

Playboy.

I did not know about free markets.
    I was from a communist country, a draftee in the US Army, in 1967 or 68 and Playboy had this racy article on commodity trading.

I immediately opened a commodity account at DuPont Glore Forgan in Newport News VA near the army base and my first trade was Egg futures.

Later I got a job on WS and after a while I bought my own seat on one of the NY exchanges. I did well trading on the floor.

I have retired (from trading) in 1983 but now, money gone, I am clawing my way back.

It is a lot of fun to be a trader today. :D

#46     Jun 3, 2005
  7. lar

lar

--------------------------------------
    Jaronimo said,

Looking back at it now I think his stuff is very basic and bareboned. But it did get me started in futures, which may not have happened otherwise. The more I learn about futures the more profitable it gets.

He is living proof that there is more money to be made teaching trading then from actually trading.
    --------------------------------------

Basic and bareboned, eh? You are too kind. It was mostly a closed loop load of crap and they STRONGLY discouraged newbees from going anywhere else for any kind of information

I agree about the part about it being a place to start though. The one and only good thing I can say about him and his overpriced Mainstreet brokerage is they helped me gain faith that trading futures was something I could do. Now, after a couple of brokerage changes and after losing a couple of small fortunes I can finally say I have grown into the role of a small but consistant winner. Next stop, medium but consistant winner.

Upward and onward from there.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#47     Jun 3, 2005
  8. I got tired of passing out towels in a locker room. :D

#48     Jun 3, 2005
  9. I heard 95% of traders made great livings.

#49     Jun 3, 2005
  10. ===========
    Used to , as teenager, gaze at those mutual fund mountain charts ads;
    most of mounts were bigger than valleys;
    those ads had the dividend part of mountains a differing color.:cool:

And even as a kid enjoyed freedom of not working for someone else;
    still do.

#50     Jun 4, 2005