How did you get into trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BricksandMortar, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Making 6-figures...? Trading??

That's not already being at the top??? :D

#21     Jun 3, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

Different mentality skalpz. Some people are never satisfied. I used to be one of them. I had to be the best at everything. Nothing satisfied my psyche. I think differently now.

edit: I'm not saying its a bad thing. Just a different way of thinking.

edit again: Just re-read my post. What the hell am i saying. I still want to be the best at everything. But I have changed my approach to achieve those goals. Although, I did have a problem with never being satisfied, now a days I'm more at peace with things. Too much pressure kills.

peace out

ozzy

#22     Jun 3, 2005
  3. Best story so far! I want to interview this guy! :D

#23     Jun 3, 2005
  4. When it comes to trading I encounter Russian drawdowns and Roman profits.

Coinz

#24     Jun 3, 2005
  5. lar

lar

Am I the only one who ran into the slick advertisment of a ten gallon hat wearin', cigar smokin', market can only go "up, down or sideways" sayin' cowboy?

Threw his stuff into the trash can on monday, fished it out on tuesday and I haven't been the same since.

#25     Jun 3, 2005
  6. Where do you see them?

#26     Jun 3, 2005
  7. In the grand scheme of trading, whether in equities, curriencies, bonds, treasuries etc being able to make 100k is good but knowing how much more is out there to be made, really puts things into perspective...for me at least. I also feel like if I become satisfied, I wont push myself to become a better trader. I'm also friends with/work with several traders who are making 3 and 4 times what i do so thats even more motivation to improve.
    But I appreciate the praise Skalpz :D

#27     Jun 3, 2005
  8. It's not praise, dude, I wish I could rake in $100gs a year.

are you a prop trader or something?

or do you trade your own account?

if you're a prop trader how much money do you trade in your account? or, are you on some kind of salary or does your pay coincide with your trading performance?

#28     Jun 3, 2005
  9. Threei

Threei

1/2 is a figure of speech, I take it? In my encounters it's more like 1% - unless they avoid me :D

Each time I speak at the Expo, there are probably 2-3 russian-speaking in the audience (that identify themselves); in e-mail exchange hardly 1-2 a year; in the room at different times there were probably under 15 over a course of 5 years. 1/2 is a gross exaggeration IMO.

#29     Jun 3, 2005

10. Your not kidding, 6 figures in new york city, still means you have a ways to go. :D

I read an article a few months ago that said if you live in south of some street (forget which street, but its below houston) that the poverty level was $78,000 a year. I guess those $8 mocca-cappa-frappa-lattes add up.

#30     Jun 3, 2005