How did you do for 2011?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 30, 2011.

1. well, technically, you're not actually down. You're just merely in the midst of a drawdown. Big difference. You're only down if you quit. As long as you keep trading you're just in a drawdown (which is normal.)

#51     Dec 31, 2011
  2. gkishot

gkishot

You should invest this chunk of money, not trade. With the aim of about 11% annual return. Too bad if you trade this money away.

#52     Dec 31, 2011
  3. gkishot, please tell me where I can invest and achieve 11% annual return. Stocks? maybe, bonds not likely, commodities? Gold? Forex?

How bout I just put it all in cash and try to trade a small amount?

You got a better idea?

I'd love to hear it.

Where is this conservative 11% return you talk about?

Me and about every manager on Wall Street would love to hear about it.

#53     Dec 31, 2011
  4. like they told me when I started out, the easiest way to make 10% is to make 20% and lose half of it

#54     Dec 31, 2011
  5. d08

d08

I posted my results to the Trader P/L thread.
    However, you are missing the point entirely. For example, the performance of a trader that does 100% on a $10k account would be considered worse compared to a trader that does 50% on a $10m account. If you know anyone in the hedge fund community, ask them if they think liquidity is a limiting factor or not. Vast majority would answer "yes", guaranteed.

#55     Dec 31, 2011
  6. gkishot

gkishot

No, I don't have a better idea. That's the right way to do to spread among different asset classes. Maybe this is not conservative enough for you. And who I am to a tell money manager how to manage other people's money.

#56     Dec 31, 2011
  7. I'm just a podunk retail punter. Liquidity problems are just a dream. I can trade as big as I want and never move a market. But still, I measure my success based on ROI. Sorry, I didn't realize I was conversing with Elite Traders. I just figured 99.9% of everbody who posts here is a loser. I'm not sure what good it will do me to learn how to trade 10m since I am old and will never have that much, but in the future I wll respect your opinion in case I ever win the lottery.

#57     Dec 31, 2011
  8. no kidding, 50% in bonds have been a big lifesaver to me, maybe I should still be there, sure would have been better than what I did and sold this spring at 126. Yes, for the most part I agree, diversity can heal a whole lot of stupid opinions.

#58     Dec 31, 2011
  9. Didn't I tell you you don't know what you're doing? When it reaches -$2,500 don't keep taking medicine that's making you sick.

#59     Dec 31, 2011
  10. Must be in those options before earnings or something, crazy, watch your deltas.

#60     Dec 31, 2011