How did you decide on your trading strategy or method of trading?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Junky, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Esha.J

Esha.J

Finding a good mentor is not an easy task, how we can trust someone who has trading skills.!

#61     Feb 5, 2018
  2. speedo

speedo

By observation and testing, not unlike the process if you didn't have a mentor.

#62     Feb 5, 2018
    murray t turtle and Sprout like this.
  3. Esha.J

Esha.J

How is anybody going to find a good mentor? Tell me the process, where do I can get a good mentor?

#63     Feb 8, 2018
  4. i could see the stars come thru my room

#64     Feb 8, 2018
  5. feel it out.feelings would be the sign:finger:

#65     Feb 8, 2018
  6. Esha.J

Esha.J

Hope that can happen in reality tooo....:sneaky:

#66     Feb 12, 2018
  7. ansesfj

ansesfj

If you are just starting out, then I am going to be honest with you . . . it is a long and tough road ahead. You need to do a lot of reading and a lot of practice on demo accounts before you can even go live.

Trading is not as easy as you think and making a living out of it is not that simple. There will be lots of dissapointments, lots of trial and error, lots of losses.

We all went through that and that is a normal process. If you want to succeed in this field , you have to pursue it with everything you got. I have been trading for 15 years now and I am still learning new things.

But don't let all of this talk scare you. I was told that no one makes money on this market, but didn't listen, and I pursued this field as if my life depended on it. I finally came through after many years of demo trading, testing every strategy and tools out there. Nothing really worked for me until I decided to create my own tools to help me analyze my charts.

I didn't create new tools, but I took the tools that are already out there, and made it into something that will work for me.
    Now , I can say that im out of the woods .....and enjoying the profits that i worked so hard for.

#67     Nov 19, 2018
    avatar-ds, ironchef and smallfil like this.
  8. %%
    First+ last quarter stock averages tend to be bullish; NOT a prediction or for GE.LOL.[Source Hirsh Almanac, WSJ,IBD-Weekly
    BUT using quarter charts+profit on them could help dial it on down to monthly candles........And ignore WSJ,LOL, 65dma =to little to late. But dont ignore WSJ carl ichan comments usually.Maybe one of the wise few stock buyers in a bearTrend ??

#68     Nov 19, 2018
  9. Esha.J

Esha.J

Still finding the answer, if any one get the real mentor.

#69     Dec 7, 2018
  10. ironchef

ironchef

My humble advice, stop looking for a mentor. You won't find a good one in an anonymous forum. Instead, look for members posting occasional trading wisdoms here and there. After reading enough of them, you can string together a system of your own. I did.

Unfortunately many of the posters who willingly gave good trading advices are no longer posting but there are still a few good ones willing to do just that.

#70     Dec 30, 2018
    fan27 likes this.