How did you come across your edge? Accident? Refinement of an idea? Taught?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Jul 13, 2011.

1. traderrn

traderrn

Mentor. I am still working my ass off just to tailor what he taught me to my psyche and trade it with D.

#21     Jul 14, 2011
  2. What did you mean by that?

#22     Jul 14, 2011
  3. Good question. A key part of my best strategy came from an idea from a forum post, and I have been helped greatly by a collaboration with a couple others, but most of what I do is based on my own research, extensive testing, experience, monitoring and evaluating actual trades.

Read a lot of books but have not put to use many ideas from them.

#23     Jul 14, 2011
  4. Some interesting thoughts here

#24     Jul 14, 2011
  5. Mav88

Mav88

There was a cereal that had a free edge inside of every box. I am lucky because I only had enough money for 1 box and I chose that brand over another that had free green lantern rings.

#25     Jul 14, 2011
  6. falcon

falcon

Theres a guy I met who lost almost all his savings then got very depressed, he used what little he had left to rebuild only to lose it all. He re-mortgaged his place and sold everything and said thats it I will do everything opposite, kinda like what Costanza from Seinfeld. He started making money and has been ever since. Now he trades and educates, the most resilient person I have ever met.

#26     Jul 14, 2011
  7. fooking funny biz,isn`t it?

:) :p :D

#27     Jul 15, 2011
  8. ammo

ammo

kept looking at charts so long,that one had to eventually know where they were going,so a great edge is to know where it's going next,when wrong ,get out,when you don't know ,don't trade

#28     Jul 15, 2011
  9. Screentime, screentime, and more screentime.

#29     Jul 15, 2011
  10. etile

etile

View the market in an abstract sense. It is perceptibly iperciptibble. formlessly formed. It's an amoeba. When you abstract the market away, the only thing left is simply you and your judgements. Determining if you are right or wrong. Price is irrelevant. I don't care about price. I want to be buying when others are buying and selling when they are selling.

Money is made by maximizing your rights and minimizing your wrongs. Price does not fall into that equation.

#30     Jul 15, 2011