How did you all start?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Baker_Trader, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Started at 16, been trading for 3 years now and about a year ago started trading the nq and es. Took all weekend classes so i can trade.

#21     Feb 15, 2003
  2. Shaman

Shaman

started trading last sept at datek trading nyse. thru this board heard of IB and kinder rates and moved my account. opened a cash account, discovered what t+3 really means and almost gave up trading till I heard of SSF's.

Started trading SSF's and after losing brilliantly at the start finished the year with my first profitable month. A couple of weeks ago i made back all i had lost and now i sit a couple of hundred in the black and many years ahead of me :).

my formal education is less then inspiring, a high school dropout with a ged and 3 semesters in community college that i took just to avoid getting a "real job". but as some people on this board say and what i believe as well, that one's psychological makeup and maturity (and desire) account for much more then ones degree's or gpa's.

my only advice is trade small: a 100 shares, until you can show consistent profits. oh and i turned 24 at the end of jan.

#22     Feb 15, 2003
  3. I already said why in another post but I don't remember where. As for me I started 7 years ago straight on index futures because by just at looking at volatility and fees structure of stocks I knew that Stocks were just less interesting for speculation than index futures.

#23     Feb 15, 2003
  4. In 1976 in Bentonville , Arkansas... Sam Walton offered me a job. He said he couldn't match the salary the big companies in Texas were offering me.. but they had just gone public and I could buy stock on payroll deductions. At that time Walmart stock traded for about $0.35 a share. I said, "Sam, you only got 21 stores, I'm moving to the big city and make my fortune." And I moved to Texas. Had I bought $2,000 worth of Walmart Stock then, within 10 years it would have been worth $3,000,000. Based on my astute ability to recognize a hot stock..I decided to become a daytrader...and that pattern has never left me :D

Unfortunately, this is a true story :(

#24     Feb 25, 2003
  5. RichSohn

RichSohn

What a freaking liar! You were a Worldco mook!

"Still learning and liking it"??? You left Schonfeld only to waste time and lose money at worldco. You actually lost money for the firm.

Damn, you're so pathetic.

#25     Jun 16, 2003
  6. Started Oct 7th, 1999 with a Suretrade account.

Traded stocks, no, traded RMBS and MSTR and QCOM, got rich, went broke, learned TA, traded QQQ, learned options, traded IBM, discovered ES, rest is history.

Platform is Tradestation/IB.

#26     Jun 16, 2003