how did Szeven go from making 0/day to 5k/day in just 3 years?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chewbacca, May 7, 2008.

1. I agree it was worse years back. If your in a llc/group they are all looking at you if doing real well. Even retail the 24 can give away what you are doing. One time while at assent i asked to be taken off the admin and they gave me a stern NO. I don't need to repeat what i told them but i got taken off.

And Szeven the T-Shirt i am all for one

#41     May 8, 2008

2. lol, Your edge may be you understand the markets better than most. Alot of people don't understand the market but think they do. Not saying this is you but we all have some type of edge and the word EDGE can get old so i understand your point

#42     May 8, 2008
  3. Szven - where do you trade now?

#43     May 8, 2008

4. what do you mean by "the 24"

if you're prop trading at assent, then you are trading their money so they have every right to monitor your positions cause its their money and you're levered 20-1

but if you have a retail account.......can they monitor every one of your trades? doesn't that violate security laws?

#44     May 8, 2008

5. The 24 is the compliance officer and does it violate security laws... yes it does. Alot goes on behind close doors and at first i was flattered that all the traders looked at how i was doing. Then it got real old and more like a pain in the ass. Let's not hijack the thread here as the talk is about a very good trader.

#45     May 8, 2008
  6. Kudos to him. I wish I could make a consistent 5k a day. My problem is waiting for the worthy trades. Dry spells suck.

#46     May 8, 2008
  7. How many traders are working there now ?

#47     May 8, 2008
  8. Will there be a presenation with light refreshments? :p

#48     May 8, 2008
  9. 5k a day, thats like 1.3 million a year.

#49     May 8, 2008
  10. I am sure he is just being sarcastic. It wouldn´t have been that unusual though if he wasn´t, many great traders start to fade after some time

#50     May 9, 2008