how did Szeven go from making 0/day to 5k/day in just 3 years?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chewbacca, May 7, 2008.

1. i don't think he disclosed it... I believe it was stolen... which is the problem with Swift trade, your strategies if youre making money can be seen by others and used.

#31     May 8, 2008
  2. EricP

EricP

I think this can be a problem at any firm, but especially those that teach courses to train newbie traders 'what is working.' You can imagine how it would feel if you found an innovative new strategy, started making consistent and sizable profits off of it, and a month or two later, your detailed methods are being taught to the masses. As a result, the firm makes more commissions, the newbies get a strategy that quickly deteriorates with the added attention, and you get screwed.

Szeven: Free T-shirt? I'm all ears, man. Bring it!

#32     May 8, 2008
  3. "Quote from Szeven:

...When left, i think 9/10 people were over 100k in the top 10, and the top 3 or 4 were over 200k..."

Back in the glory days at Broadway trading, this was a common thing for one day.

#33     May 8, 2008
  4. Strange you said the above...that's EXACTLY is what is happening to MBAGearhead ! He's super consistent most of the time, but then WHAM, he gets clobbered for a monster-size loss.
    Even more strange, that loss happens about once every week or two.

#34     May 8, 2008
  5. ok thats it! im starting a Szeven fan club. Whos in?

#35     May 8, 2008
  6. that makes sense.......i knew about a prop firm in nyc (no longer in business) that copied trades of one of the top traders at the firm..........this is one of the risks of trading at a prop firm

#36     May 8, 2008
  7. an average down / short volatility strategy will produce results like that

#37     May 8, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

that happens to me...and it is almost always on thursday or friday....peace

#38     May 8, 2008
  9. lol...thanks for the encouragement. maybe one day i will find an "edge" to exploit. for now i will just stick to figuring things out faster than others and knowing what is going on in the market. crazy stuff.

#39     May 8, 2008
  10. there used to be a lot more free money before reg nms. if i still see it i hit. an example being some of the programs that pre and post market. they are relatively easy to recognize but they come and go so i don't ever count on them anymore.

i remember back when i was first starting to make consistent money scalping there was this one idiot who would come in LCC right near the close of the day and only use inet to trade. so since reg nms wasn't in effect the fool would just hit the nearest inet within about 50 cent to a point of level 1. i wish i had been trading bigger size back then because i would have raped that guy. oh well it was still good for some consistent money.

anyhow...i am going to guess szeven trades like more than a few of the guys at my office...including myself. and if we are saying that hitting crosses and recognizing programs is an edge then i dunno what to say but i guess i'll go with it.:D

#40     May 8, 2008