how did romney get away with paying no income tax?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 8, 2012.

1. of course. the leak is a bain insider.

#21     Aug 8, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

The beauty of this period in time is that the general public is more aware then ever (not that it's very much more) that not all that is legal is good for America.

#22     Aug 8, 2012
  3. hughb

hughb

I never even thought of that, and you are probably right. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of his accountant's office.

#23     Aug 8, 2012
  4. that what ried said. he was contacted by someone at bain.

#24     Aug 8, 2012
  5. hughb

hughb

I missed that. If it was someone at Bain, it will be easier for Romney to figure out who the leak is. Whoever it is, they had better have a clean background and have all of their shit together. Because their life is about to become a living hell. Stabbing a multi-millionaire and powerful politician in the back is dangerous. They had better be prepared to deal with the payback.

#25     Aug 8, 2012
  6. The argument instantly loses all credibility when we go from, How did Romney get away with paying NO income tax to, there’s a possibility that Romney paid very little (i.e. less than 10%) income taxes during the 2002 to 2009 period in many of those years. It is quite possible that some of those years could have approached zero.
    So we have the intial claim in the thread title that he paid nothing, and then in the very first sentence it's he paid "very little" and the amount paid may have "approached" zero.
    TMZ has higher standards for making allegations.
    The entire argument from the radical left is hoping that the average Joe can't put together that 15% of millions or hundreds of millions of dollars is still a hell of a lot of money to pay in taxes.

Question to the radical leftist. You just came in to several million dollars. You can pay the full boat in taxes, or you can use every legal tax shelter available and pay the legal minimums. What do you do?

#26     Aug 8, 2012
  7. jem

jem

1. Bono would call for higher taxes and then move monaco or a tax haven.
    2. Clinton's friend would just leave the country and have his wife spend the night at the white house.
    3. Buffett would call for higher taxes but then have his corporation not pay them and go to court with the IRS. (you think that is why he allows himself to be prostituted out by the administration?
    4. GE advises the Pres and then fights for loopholes so they pay nothing.
    5. Still others like Geithner and Rangel just cheat.

6... Obama staffers just don't pay them.

36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes...

http://news.investors.com/article/599002/201201260818/obama-white-house-staff-back-taxes.htm

#27     Aug 8, 2012
  8. its kind of funny watching the righties here and in the media making all kinds of excuses why no more information need be released after four years of rightwing mouthpieces scouring every possible avenue looking for something that would make obamas birth certificate false even after every expert has testified that it is real.
    i guess the right wing mind is just different.

#28     Aug 8, 2012
  9. I was thinking its someone from McCain's campaign

#29     Aug 8, 2012
  10. If Romney releases them now he has his VP pick and the convention to deflect attention from his taxes.Its amateur hour at the romney campaign

#30     Aug 8, 2012