How Did Harry Reid Get So Rich?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 15, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Try this thought experiment. Imagine that someone grows up in poverty, works his way through law school by holding the night shift as a Capitol Hill policeman, and spends all but two years of his career as a public servant. Now imagine that this person’s current salary — and he’s at the top of his game — is $193,400. You probably wouldn’t expect him to have millions in stocks, bonds, and real estate.

But, surprise, he does, if he’s our Senate majority leader, whose net worth is between 3 and 10 million dollars, according to OpenSecrets.org.

Read the rest of the story to understand how Reid used his office to make a fortune.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314025/how-did-harry-reid-get-rich-betsy-woodruff

2. wjk

wjk

It's OK for him. Didn't you know? He's for the little guy...the party of the poor and all that shit.

3. pspr

pspr

Term limits, term limits, term limits. When will we wake up?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And our resident leftists actually believe this shit too.

5. wjk

wjk

When the politicians lose their lust for power.

We might as well join Rip.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

6. wjk

wjk

The power of compartmentalization.

7. If I was a politician I would use my contacts and legal inside info to become a rich fuck.
    Just like Randy " baby killer " Neugebauer, my representative who has increased his net worth by at least 5 million $ since leaving the business world and entering congress in 2003.

8. wjk

wjk

It's like placing a plate of food in front of a starving man. Let's eat!

9. pspr

pspr

I'm for term limits and a rule that says if you are in Congress, Senate or President, your net worth cannot increase by more than inflation or you write a check to the Treasury for the difference.

I suppose they would just get around that by making their children rich which some have done already.

I guess being in the club of 537 if you are not already dishonest you soon will be.

To paraphrase again: It's easier for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a politician to enter the Kingdom of God.

10. ktm

ktm

How did Harry Reid get so rich?

Word on the street is that he hasn't paid taxes in the last 10 years.

#10     Aug 15, 2012