How did everyone do today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kon@regal, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Made $4,250 today net after commisions.

1250 on futures
    3000 on stocks

#41     Oct 23, 2003
  2. Down $2,400. Ouch. The strange thing is that I'm not really bummed and in fact, I'm in a good mood. I play naz stocks intraday only. Looking back to sept 8 the naz is net zero but I'm up pretty nicely. I actually sort of wanted some down market here as I was doing well but wanted to prove to myself that my method is not dependant upon an up market.

It is also a measure of my maturity as a trader that I can now take days like today without flipping out or drinking myself into a stupor. ....... I've gotten used to losing large amounts of money!

Now, where did I put the heroin........

"I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches
    my foot."

#42     Oct 23, 2003
  3. ES was very good to me ....dumped some of my overnights in the morning and did very good with intraday action. Added to my SHORT position intraday again for overnight holds. Sat and watched the ES drop in the first part of the after hours session this evening and covered most of my overnight SHORT positions at 1020. I saw how the ES made a low in the overnight session last night and rose back up somewhat for the open today. Tonight I decided to cover most of my overnight position when the ES price action hit 1020 (just slightly higher then the low of last nights ES overnight session). I did not expect such a large drop that early in the overnight session so I decided to take advantage of this and take profits. I may re-enter positions tonight as I see fit (if the ES makes it back up to the 1025 area). Tomorrow will be a pivotal day IMO for this retracement cycle we are in.

Chris

#43     Oct 23, 2003
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

it sounds as if today was the first winning day for many. All the cheerleading going on.....KILLS ME. Bwahhaaaaaaaaaa.

Im sure tomorrow will be another winning day for most on ET as will the next, and the next and the next, LOL.

:D

#44     Oct 23, 2003
  5. Will it be much longer before some joker wants to know what your sign is?

#45     Oct 23, 2003
  6. ertrader1 - I thought we were all here to score touchdowns and screw the cheerleaders!!! If your not here for that, then get out of our locker room! :D

#46     Oct 23, 2003
  7. You scored nicely today. Guess I should've held that short at 1034.25 today :D

-Fast

#47     Oct 23, 2003
  8. One step at a time my friend, you will make it there! :)

Chris

#48     Oct 23, 2003
  9. Mvic

Mvic

contracts. Still holding 25 +51 at present amongst other things in the green (Gold $4, IBM puts, ES puts).

Considering I was about to pack it in a for a couple of weeks and take a vacation because of a particularly stupid trade (shorted a bunch of smh calls before INTC reported) just a week ago I am more than pleased and while I don't usually brag, well, someone did ask...

It is good to see that there are other big winners.

#49     Oct 23, 2003
  10. Yep...just going for quick hits right now. Btw...added Eurex to my trading acct and eSignal. You might wanna look into it too.

-Fast

#50     Oct 23, 2003