How did everyone do today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kon@regal, Oct 23, 2003.

1. pretty solid day, making new account highs, bills getting paid, ended the day holding a big fat runaway short, no complaints.

#21     Oct 23, 2003
  2. used qqq until my platform gets futures stops...grabbed some good moves...got short at 34.30 near the close and covered after hours at 34... and I hit the earlier top too

got long some puts also...which are looking good so far.

took one dumb trade early that got me in a hole, but I did a good job of digging out.:D

#22     Oct 23, 2003
  3. mr uptick ...

I also sold some QQQ AH around your price

but covered them for a smaller profit than

you at 34.25

bought some back around 34 and washed on em

glad I did as they sold off further to about 33.63-33.75 level

did the wrong move in avg down some nq at 55 but sold em at

56.50 so I can feel like a foolish idiot tonight and a winner
    going into the W.S. game 5

#23     Oct 23, 2003
  4. Seth
    I didn't want to hold into the MSFT conference call..but wanted to hold into the number...
    Tomorrow will be another day for us all..and we will get in the trenches once again. And if we fight hard we can survive.

Anyone know a good site or book for options? I only know what was on the series 7, basic stuff...my software has a nice options montage with all sorts of stuff, but its greek to me :)

I ask because the puts I bought today barely budged, despite the fact that I bought them right at the top ...I'd like to read up on them more....thanks.:D

#24     Oct 23, 2003
  5. uptik do a search for Sheldon Natenberg as well as Larry McMillan. They have good basic option books.

#25     Oct 23, 2003
  6. What does it matter how we did today? It matters how you do day in day out for a longer period of time. It's pathetic to see threads like pop up from time to time. What's the point?

#26     Oct 23, 2003
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Welcome to ET!
    I guess it is better than reading about Walter Bruan's Thai Hooker.

#27     Oct 23, 2003
  8. PKJR

PKJR

I trade the same day every day..no difference..big day ..small day..one day does not make a difference for me..what counts is my balance at the end of every week..

#28     Oct 23, 2003
  9. On the ES you can count on four legs: two in the amand two in the pm. Up down up down.

Look at MACD 5, 13, 6 for entries.

First up was a slalom as well. Odd harmonic inside the leg (long on DIV up and short on the rel max inbetween).

Leg 3 edged up for last half. ending in tape after mid slalom section.

leg 4 (short was a "tape" and after that a slalom to end of day.

Under 30 trades all on 5 min chart.

#29     Oct 23, 2003
  10. Netted a little over a grand today. Took a nice little hit in that FDC halt though....that was fun.:D
    The last week or so has been great. We had a few guys in our office over 10K yesterday....why can't we have earnings ALL THE TIME.

#30     Oct 23, 2003