How cyclists see their fellow humans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Stupid fucking comment. Bet you don't live in NYC.

15 yrs ago, I spent a week and a half bed-bound because a fucking bike messenger felt he had the right of way at a red light and that a little shit whistle was his pass to run down anyone who stood in his way.

You're a fucking moron, fc.

#11     Jan 13, 2013
  2. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WfUnwynwZvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#12     Jan 13, 2013
  3. Sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks, but I was talking about cars vs cycles. Yes, in a city situation with many pedestrians a cyclist needs to stop at lights.

#13     Jan 13, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I work as a SW Architecture Consultant for banks. I am currently working in Toronto. About three months ago in the financial district a bicycle messenger ran me down in a cross walk. I had a green pedestrian cross light and was crossing the street with a crowd of 30 other people in the marked cross-way. The bicycle messenger ran a red light went clear across the intersection coming from my right -- before running into me. He knocked me down. I had the mark of his front tire on my pants. Fortunately I was not badly hurt. The messenger fell off his bike; found his front wheel was bent out of shape... he then loudly demanded that "I pay for his bike". I told him multiple times "I am not paying for your bike" before walking off on this fine example of a typical bicyclist.

#14     Jan 13, 2013
  5. Yeah that's all fine and good until some soccer mom swerves to avoid hitting a biker and wrecks her car, hurting one of her kids.

I'd be willing to wager that said bicyclist would just keep on trucking to avoid paying the piper.

I have the same complaints about dog owners and their dogs getting loose too....

#15     Jan 13, 2013
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Or all the accidents where a motorist swerves to avoid a bicyclist who ran a red light... and lands up colliding with another car causing injuries..... while the bicyclist simply pedals on and ignores the disaster he caused.

#16     Jan 13, 2013
  7. This is a pet peeve of mine. Washngton, DC used to be plagued by these assholes. Thankfully, the internet has killed most of their business.

The idiots who run the city however have put up bike lanes all over town. They disrupt traffic and are largely unused by the thousands of Lance Armstrong wannabes who wobble around town blocking traffic.

#17     Jan 14, 2013