How could I control the ninjatrader charts in the way I could on original IB Chart?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shewenhao, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Dear Traders,

I am currently using the Interactive Brokers original charts now and try to have a look on the ninjatrader charts.

Since I am a daytrader, I like the setting from IB charts in "1 day/ 1min bar". As you can see in the picture 1, the IB just shows the candlestick today and automatically restricted the time scale from 9:30 to 4:00pm. I think it is quite reasonable default setting since I do not like the chart scrolling while new quotes coming out. This kind of set up gives me a kind of whole day view.

However, in ninjatrader, I could not have similar set up. I know that I could use Ctrl + up and down to kind of control the range of the charts. But I never could restrict the time axis from 9:30 to 4:00pm. Any one could help me on this? Thanks lot.

• 1.png
      File size:
      34.3 KB
      Views:
  2. The 1.png is about ib chart and this 2.png is about ninja problem.

• 2.png
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
  3. chisel

chisel

I use Ninja, but don't trade equities with it. Try this: select chart, then CTRL+F. Under "session template" select "US Equities RTH."

4. Thank you for your reply, chisel.

I tried the us equities RTH and ETH, both of them look not good. I just wonder where does the positive comments about ninja charts come from?....

Any recommendation for charts for IB? I like the chart to be moved freely without software border like ninja and ib because I have multi screens to arrange charts. Something like amibrokers does not fit since it restricts all graph within its software

5. chisel

chisel

Did you ask Ninja support about your problem? They are very responsive.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "software border" because I use Ninja with multiple monitors with no problems. I have Sierra Chart with IB as the data feed on a multiple monitor system and like SC very much...SC has excellent support. www.sierrachart.com

6. Thank you very much for your reply and I will try sc~~~:)

7. What i mean is that IB chart and Ninja chart is not within the main window of the software. But in AMIBROKER, all chart should be within the main window, am I right?

8. Dear funnyguy_2nd,

Thank you so much for your help and now I know how to use it. Nice tips, :D