how come u guys pretend to know it all?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tshin01, May 14, 2003.

1. Please refrain from the foul language....it takes away from all the excellent points you make in your post...Im sorry about the SHILL tip, hope you didn't take too big a loss....here , let me make it up to you...I found this incredible link where, truthfully, all my trading ideas come from....it's a secret though, so please do not tell anyone ok? Thanks buddy and good luck:)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrmarketishuge/

#41     May 15, 2003
  2. I don't know about this entire post. I have seen very few solicitations for "pay services". Yes, there have been a few, but percentage wise, insignificant.

As for whether guys that run pay services can or cannot offer anything for their fees, I have no idea, since I have never participated in one. And if they can make money trading, and can make even more by selling their services....well I don't see how this makes one thing exclusive from the other. But I do know that there are people who can trade successfully and help others. While there are other traders who can trade successfully, and yet they are unable to convey anything in a manner that would be helpful to anyone else. Some people can teach, and some can't.

The part of the post that says, in essence that "skilled traders" are not going to give away their hard earned skills without an "attitude" makes no sense at all. Is this meant to say that those who have worked hard to develop their ability to make money will not share any knowledge in a friendly manner, yet they will, provided they can do it if they display an "attitude"?

What does this mean? Does this imply that "Mr. Successful Trader" will not give away his secrets and be pleasant about it, but if he can do it with an "attitude" that you may find offensive, that makes it all different? Expressing an "attitude" is like getting compensation?

Then you finish up by saying "who could blame them?" So here again, the implication is it's justifiable to say "OK, I will help you, but only if I can do it without being 'friendly' and only if I can have an 'attitude' while I do help you".

This whole thing makes no sense to me. It also is clearly IMO just not even close to being true.

There are certainly people here that offer advice and are friendly about it. And there are obviously a lot of blowhards that tell you how great they are, but how they will not divulge their "secrets".

Here's some advice for you. Remember this, 'cause I promise you it's true. THERE ARE NO SECRETS! If someone does something that works consistently, and they won't share their "secret" you are not missing out on anything. Whatever they are doing, no matter how unique, and how successful, it will not work that way forever. There is NO SURE FIRE strategy that works all the time in all markets. Except being disciplined. That always works, but is not a "strategy" just a necessary mind set.

Successful traders adapt. They do whatever works until it stops working. Then they step back, try other approaches on a smaller scale, see what works best, do that until it no longer works, and then start the whole process again. The changes may be radical, or they may be subtle. But the point is, changes need to be made. Because the market changes. Everything changes. If not, robots could trade for us. Or we could just program a computer to make our trades, and go on a never ending vacation.

If there was something that always worked, whoever had that "secret" would end up with all the money in the world. Take any amount of money you wish, ($5k should be plenty), compound it at a mere (in the world of the blowhards) only 1% a day, and tell me what you would have in 5 years. Or ten. Ten years is not a long time to complete a career.

If you want to learn, you can certainly add to your knowledge base by reading the posts here on ET. But knowing some of what you hear will be worthless, and some will be worth remembering, it is just a matter of common sense and caution to separate the BS from what is worth noting. Learning anything is like that. Be efficient. Don' t waste time. A shortcut to this is to ignore anyone who claims to have a secret, and anyone who's obvious agenda is to tell you how great they are, and how you don't stand a chance trading "against" them.

Good luck,
    RS

#42     May 15, 2003
  3. ddog

ddog

FWIW I didn't use the word "secrets" when describing successful traders:

"The skilled traders that really do make a living trading are not going to give away their methods "

Sorry but I still believe that anyone who is a successful trader is not going to need the irritation or the income of running a pay service.

#43     May 15, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Not too long ago, I had a dispute with a client... well actually, he was trying to rob me - literally - of some work I had prepared for him, and when I attempted to stop him, he threatened to "beat me up". I had to laugh.

In reflecting on that incident, it occurs to me that there's this age of boy-man where, though walking and talking and making their way in the grown-up world, the wet-behind-the-ears mentality of the boy-man is still that of an adolescent. Hopefully, the man inside matures and gains wisdom, understanding, tact and gracefulness, and with that, moves to becoming the better person. And if not, they turn up on Jerry Springer.

#44     May 15, 2003
  5. Dustin

Dustin

Maybe I missed something said earlier, but who ever said a secret strategy has to last forever or work in every market for it to be valuable? If a strategy can net $10k this month, then die, I would do whatever I could to use it for that month. There ARE secrets...very valuable ones. Usually I agree with your posts, but that was terrible advice :-/

#45     May 15, 2003
  6. Amen to that brother!!

The only things that WORK over time are trends and S/R...the rest is all psychology...

How the hell have you been, RS?? It's been tough tracking your aliases down...:D

#46     May 15, 2003
  7. can i just say that ES is kicking my ASS. or am i kicking my own ass?

enjoy whatever you like with my cash guys. good game.

#47     May 15, 2003
  8. fat_slut

fat_slut Guest

well, i've lurked for a while and i have to agree that there are many idiots here who don't know shit. anyone see candletraders website- that kid looks like the biggest kook- says he "trades for pussy and spends $1000 a week on call girls"- i guess if you look like that you have to- but this guy posts so much drivel and talks a good game, but i bet he doesnt make jack trading- look at his "trading room" on his website- its just pathetic. and he has thousands of posts.. so, thats just one example of the kooks on this site. it seems like there are alot of jackasses that post for attention or cuz they are losers/ have nothing better to do- for those of you that genuinely try to help others and post valuable info, props to you, but you probably only represent about 5% of the members of this site. i've learned most people on this site are fucking clueless and this site for the most part is a waste of time, occasionally there will be an interesting discussion, but it mostly seems to be a bunch of newbies looking for handouts and the easy road to success along with a bunch of pussies that whine and cry because they can't trade at all and are mad at those who can. there are some people i will listen to on here, but not many. I don't need the secrets to success and I sure as hell wouldnt come to a public forum to find them either if I did. Trading is competitive, why would I want some piker to have the edge I spent many long hours researching and developing? Theres no free lunch, kids, so get off your asses and put in the work.
    so, flame me if you want, talk shit, like i care..........

#48     May 15, 2003

9. Well said .....such language....are you having candletrader homo dreams again? Afterall...you read EVERY post, You visit his web site and Im sure you have his pictures pasted all over your room like Buffalo Bob....admit it....you want candle don;t you? I bet you like the smell of soiled men's rooms too? Don't lie now...cmon.....if your nice, Candle might send you some old underwear of socks you can sniff:D :D

#49     May 15, 2003
  10. fat_slut

fat_slut Guest

this is a post of TM_Direct's from another thread- so whos the faggot?? you are gay boy.

its good to see I am making friends so quickly here!!!

TM_Direct
    Elite Member

05-15-03 10:01 PM
    Re: I hate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from minimi:

I hate everyone in this finacial industry.
    Especially those price and rule manipulators.
    I hate this market.
    This is no game.
    This is a war between life and death.
    Go to the hell fuckers.
    Booooom.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love them
    I love the manipulators
    I like men
    I like you....

Let's get in a pile togehter...just me , you and a bowl of jello!

What do you say mini mouse???

:D

#50     May 15, 2003