How come nobody gave us 710 billion dollars for 9/11?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Well,
    someone are happy for good oil revenues and continuously high defence spending...
    :)

I remember when I was just out of the military and some friends wanted me to go down to Yemen and work oil-pipeline security with them... yuck.

#11     Sep 4, 2008
  2. It doesn't even have to be for US use, the rest* of Europe will gratefully suck on George Bush's wiener if he can prove he's the one keeping their natural gas and oil supplies flowing.

*Tony Bliar already did.

#12     Sep 4, 2008
  3. sammybea

sammybea

Not to make this a political issue.. but you can just imagine the free spending Obama would do? Billions on socialization.. billions on welfare... And he is going to try to "talk" to world leaders to figure things out. I feel secure.. not.

#13     Sep 4, 2008

4. Bush spent more than all the other presidents put together.

Obama would have a hard time beating that.

#14     Sep 4, 2008
  5. Oh good Lord. Let me see, spend money on the U.S. and its' citizens, infrastructure, medical aid for our citizens vs. invading a country for nothing, giving the real terrorists basically a free ride instead of chasing them down, spending a trillion on the war and rebuilding their infrastructure. Pretty rough decision.

I'm against welfare, but more against the total failure of the supposed war that has cost us so much in cash and lives. And, where the heck is all that oil money we were going to collect? Iraq has a positive cash flow, we don't.

I'm not big Obama fan by any means, but at this point, anything but Bush and his bullshit buddies.

c

#15     Sep 4, 2008
  6. #16     Sep 4, 2008
  7. Nice post. I question that the Bush admin really knew anything about the price of oil, but did a pretty good job of making sure it didn't decline in price, primarily by keeping Iraq oil our of our hands as promised.

The whole idea of an administration elected soley on the basis of fear just upsets me to no end. Be afraid. Well, yes, I'm afraid that when we destroyed our fine military all the way down to ready reserves on 5 tours of duty, leaving us more vulnerable than ever in history for attack from anyone, korea, china, ussr, and by showing the world that we cannot even invade a small country and kick it's ass, how deplorable. The terroists did win since the U.S. has blocked airports, employing the unemployable via the ridiculous homeland security at airports, paying triple the price for gasoline, and now we're sabre rattling to a re-strengthened USSR and their re-vitalized econome, thanks to our screw ups.

We can't take more years of this complete incompetence. Lesser of two evils? Probably.

c

#17     Sep 4, 2008
  8. Right you are.

It's a predicament, no two ways about it.

#18     Sep 4, 2008
  9. Someone on ET said what is implied below right after the invasion happened and I thought what benefit could there possibly be to Georgia?

$1B from the US and $750 from the IMF

Putin Suggests U.S. Provocation in Georgia Clash

By CLIFFORD J. LEVY
    Published: August 28, 2008

MOSCOW — As Russia struggled to rally international support for its military action in Georgia, Vladimir V. Putin, the country’s paramount leader, lashed out at the United States on Thursday, contending that the White House may have orchestrated the conflict to benefit one of the candidates in the American presidential election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/29/world/europe/29putin.html

#19     Sep 4, 2008
    #20     Sep 27, 2008