How China Cooks Its Books & The Growing Risk of a Chinese Economic Implosion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Great post x2.

Don't forget that China is adding to commodity stockpiles not necessarily out of current demand, but as a hedge due to weak global currencies and based on potential future necessity.

#31     Oct 14, 2009
  2. the1

the1

I chose the median wages because that puts my point at a disadvantage. If few people make big bucks and many people pan-handle the median wage will be skewed up, not down. If I chose the mean wage then it is skewed down, not up.

I didn't post a link because I was hoping my data would entice you to do a little research of your own, which apparently isn't the case and if it is then you haven't been able to refute it.

Your points in A are remarkable but you need to dig a little deeper. What you are citing is superficial data generated by the Chinese Government. That's like the inmates reporting to the worden concerning the conditions of the prison.

#32     Oct 15, 2009
  3. this is a dumb eurocentric perspective. The Chinese have been overthrowing regimes and their rulers for 5000 years. Long before we were a superpower, the Chinese have been a super power for 1000 years, the Ming dynasty fleet was 3 times the size of the Spanish Armada, and back when their ancestors built cities and a standard of living, yours were sucking on sheeps tits in the caves of Europe

#33     Oct 15, 2009
  4. I think you are totally wrong about your points on median and mean, maybe you wanna go back to basic statistics. With a lot of people below the poverty line or at least way below the average wage level and a few hugely outperforming average wage then the median will be a lot lower than the mean. Not sure which part is not clear about this. So I dont change, you were in fact using a figure that helped to support your argument and now you mix up mean and median.

I used economic figures and their trends that are also supported by US houses such as JPMorgan, HSBC, GS, and CIC. They independently conduct their research and estimates. Nobody claimed there is no mismatch between those numbers and what the government sometimes reports and thats precisely why I look at trends over time rather than absolute numbers.

About your secondary education point, I asked you because I indeed checked a bit and could not find anything that supported your number of percentage of citizens who attended secondary school. Maybe its hiding somewhere but it is for sure not a widely cited figure. So I challenge you to support your claims.

#34     Oct 15, 2009
  5. Peking will be a desert in 20 years, everyone knows this.

Too bad for them but hey that's life.

#35     Oct 15, 2009
  6. please entertain us more...it gets funnier by the hour.

#36     Oct 15, 2009
  7. Did you know no country in the world has more disabled birth ratio's and down syndrome babies because of all the polution?

#37     Oct 15, 2009
  8. That's backwards.

#38     Oct 15, 2009
  9. Median wage would be the better measure for this purpose. Mean age would be skewed due to the relatively few people in the country who make much more than the average citizen.

#39     Oct 15, 2009
  10. I agree and thats why median age is more often used and I only said that using median age supports his point more than mean age. It still does not hide the fact that that guy lacks even most basic math/stats skills.

#40     Oct 15, 2009