How can you not love aaple here

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Sep 22, 2008.

1. haha apple at $110. ridiculous.

Now I can see how buffet made so much money.

#31     Sep 29, 2008
  2. Tell you what, lets wait for them to announce earnings. Curious to see what happens.

#32     Sep 29, 2008
  3. heypa

heypa

Never love any stock. That's an emotional entanglement.

#33     Sep 29, 2008
  4. Jon, you seem young. If you've never seen the action during a recession don't make the mistake of outsmarting yourself. Have some humility here, because if not the market is going to give you a very hard lesson on falling knives. A great company fall 80%? "Impossible!" you say? Wrong. It's possible. Remember it's possible those financial whizzes that designed these derivatives that are now crashing the market thought the same thing.

#34     Sep 29, 2008

5. It's possible indeed as Apple has fell that much. I realize that the market can and will do anything. I realize the market "can stay irrational longer than I can stay solvent". CNBC is full of shit. They always rationalize the markets action. It seems to me the market is completely emotional. They would like to think they act on some sort of analysis or another, but I may be young but as far as im concerned there are only 2 motivating factors driving the market: fear of losing money, and the fact that you can never have enough money.

#35     Sep 29, 2008
  6. #36     Sep 29, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

S2007S

09-22-08 08:30 PM

AAPL is falling back below $100.

No need to take an investment in it now.

Stay away from AAPL, RIMM, BIDU, GOOG, CSCO, DELL etc....tech in general

With the slowing economy there is no reason to jump into tech, it will be years before the nasdaq gains back most of its losses. Aside from that there is no catalyst to push tech higher. I think the AAPL trade is done with, WAIT and be patient, you will be able to buy

AAPL below $100
    RIMM below $70
    BIDU below $150
    GOOG below $300
    CSCO below $18
    DELL probably between $10-$12....

SELL tech SELL tech SELL tech.

#37     Sep 29, 2008
  8. Mecro

Mecro

What irrational is expecting consumers to keep buying AAPL crap.

It's not like they had the cash to pay for the gadgets in the first place. Now that the credit is drying up, AAPL's business is going to contract.

#38     Sep 29, 2008

9. Interesting reply given that "To that end, NPD, Piper and some other market research are all still projecting 5 percent upside to Street numbers for both Macs and iPods."

As far as debt and credit, I hope you werent referring to Apple who has around 20 Billion in the bank cash and 0 long term debt.

#39     Sep 29, 2008
  10. jsv416

jsv416

Regardless of the long term implications of our current situation, i see a short term trade on aapl with a favorable risk reward. I am long aapl from 110.00 with a stop at 107.90. I acknowledge that this is a gamble with outcome based upon vote on the bailout. Bailout bill not passed and i suspect aapl will see sub 100 in the immediate future...

#40     Sep 29, 2008