How can you even claim that technicals matter?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 30, 2020.

1. notagain

notagain

AMZN vs the Coronavirus, ES 3200 or who knows
    Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 9.16.59 AM.png

#41     Jan 30, 2020
  2. trdes

trdes

Oh, I don't have a problem to really solve from that perspective. I trade what I know not what I think. But if you also trade what you know not what you think and it works, I always like to hear from those people.

#42     Jan 30, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  3. Agreed. With a reward to risk ratio of 1:1 you break even if you’re right half the time.

Therefore you could risk a different ratio (4:1 reward to risk for example) be wrong more than right and still be profitable.

#43     Jan 30, 2020
  4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Remember having read about poker, and game of skill in general, that you could prove the skill component by losing on purpose.

It’s easier to lose than to win though.

Buffet’s rule #1 Do not lose money.
    First do no harm. Stay in the game.

#44     Jan 30, 2020
  5. speedo

speedo

Technical day traders don't concern themselves with "why" but with "what"..."what" is displayed on the charts. Until you get this and spend the time and effort to understand how to trade off "what", you should spend more time on something you understand and less on initiating these mindless threads.

#45     Jan 30, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. trdes

trdes

Can't argue with that rule, but I personally wouldn't be looking to buffet for trading advice (trading defined to me as intra-day trading).

#46     Jan 30, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  7. I have a real business, dumbass.

Not staring at a computer screen.

#47     Jan 30, 2020
  8. There's nothing mindless about the thread.

I'm stating obvious things that you all seem to not realize or admit.

#48     Jan 30, 2020
  9. What is your point? The s&p is slightly higher since the first reported case, which was 12/31.

I've already said that major indices going higher over time is about the only thing you can predict.

#49     Jan 30, 2020
  10. speedo

speedo

You've been rehashing and restating the same foolishness for weeks. I don't know whether you are a fool or a troll but this shit gets tiresome.

#50     Jan 30, 2020
    misti, S-Trader, tommcginnis and 2 others like this.