How can you even claim that technicals matter?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 30, 2020.

1. themickey

themickey

Think about it.
    A young person with no common sense or experience, no training, will highly likely smash up a vehicle.
    Have common sense, know the rules, experience, go cautiously, keep risk down, study and they will be fine.
    Simple!
    But I bet you won't spend the time.

#31     Jan 30, 2020
  2. easymon1

easymon1

mr FJ
    Your skepticism is understandable.
    Why not start here with this article?
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...st-right-here-baby.335635/page-6#post-4940069

Ever since Helicopter Ben started jettisoning borrowed bales of cash into the economy, there may well be data variance from the era from which this article was gererated, 2006. That's easy to check / verify / disprove, with data from intervening years. Way easier than benchmarking a trading plan, which daytrading can require for traders that see things that way.
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...st-right-here-baby.335635/page-9#post-5003912
    cheers

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #32     Jan 30, 2020
  3. trdes

trdes

I consider that an indicator, I don't see any point in making a distinction between dom / tape reading, volume profile and etc vs a visual indicator that has lines, dots, histogram or whatever.

Because bottom line is if you're seeing a certain velocity, movement, trend or whatever you want to call it on the DOM those movements generally speaking are also changing visual indicators. You've just chosen for whatever reason to read the markets via DOM.

There all just ways to read the markets, what matters is (when it comes to making money at least) is trading what you know and understand how to use your account size along with its margins, leverage and etc.

#33     Jan 30, 2020
  4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

We become what we behold. We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.”

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #34     Jan 30, 2020

5. So a newbie who cannot trade for shit is giving us advice haha

#35     Jan 30, 2020
  6. "...How can you even claim that technicals matter?..."

Sounds like you're in the wrong line of work.

#36     Jan 30, 2020
  7. _eug_

_eug_

What else can you use if not technicals?

Astrology? News? Guru signal services?

You gotta work with what you got, and the most unbiased truth you can learn about the market is from the market itself aka TECHNICALS!!!!

#37     Jan 30, 2020
    Scataphagos likes this.
  8. trdes

trdes

Well if you're not saying one is better than the other, than that's why I don't see a point. If you KNOW one is better than other, than thats a discussion where I or you may learn something.

Does that make any sense?

#38     Jan 30, 2020
  9. I said this in another thread. It's the ego causing this. "I can UNDERSTAND the market".

#39     Jan 30, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  10. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

We become what we behold. We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.”

There is no best ways to do anything. Just solutions with their strength and weakness. If I don’t know about your situation I can’t help. You may have problem I can solve but we need to be specific.

I know one is better for me.
    For you I don’t know.

There is but one truth about trading.
    Anyone greedy and under capitalized will never make it. Anyone who doesn’t take this business seriously won’t make it. Anyone not profitable or with a weak risk management won’t make it.

#40     Jan 30, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.