How can you even claim that technicals matter?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

I see it this way.
    But you can get an edge.
    A tiny difference that make it profitable.

If you have no edge and 1Risk / 1Reward,
    The odds are 50/50 but you can make it 45/55.

Then you bet % according to kelly criterion.
    You adjust your risk dynamically.

However costs can kill any apriori edge.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #21     Jan 30, 2020
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Just stick to long term trades and investing. I wouldn't worry about trying to find an edge in daytrading nor engage in debates with traders about why trading to you is a roulette...it will just result in becoming a distraction to you from your long term trades / investing.

Key market events (KMEs) move the markets and I believe most retail daytraders know that but don't really know how to exploit that so they then try to use chart analysis, order flow, DOM info, technical indicators or whatever to time their way in and out of those key market events. Most won't be able to do it because they don't realize when not to trade.

If someone doesn't understand what's driving the markets, best to just step aside and leave it alone to minimize risk of ruin. Your job is to protect your financial well being and let others worry about their own financial well being.

P.S. Too many people at this forum focus on what doesn't work for them instead of focusing on what does work for them or spend too much time trying to convince others that are anonymous what should/should not work for them.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    #22     Jan 30, 2020
  3. How can you make them greater than 50%?

#23     Jan 30, 2020
  4. themickey

themickey

How do you drive a car and not have an accident?

#24     Jan 30, 2020
  5. You're not answering the question. You're diverting the conversation to nonsense.

#25     Jan 30, 2020
  6. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

You either bet on mean reversion or trend continuation.

Assess the bias and upside / downside risk.

There is some path dependence over time.

#26     Jan 30, 2020
  7. And this all sounds like technicals. Correct?

#27     Jan 30, 2020
  8. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

I only use technical.
    But no indicators. Just extrapolation.
    Also Volume profile, DoM and tape reading.

I have a journal. I post trade but no explanation.

#28     Jan 30, 2020
  9. themickey

themickey

You're asking nonsense questions.
    It's very obvious to me you are luke warm serious about trading and require spoon feeding constantly.
    There is no diversion in my reply, you asked a simpleton question, you received the reply.
    We already covered the ground you don't need to predict, 50% win rate is adequate for trading.

#29     Jan 30, 2020
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Trading is not suitable for most and based upon your prior message posts...you've come to the conclusion its not suitable for you.

Its ok and just let it go...concentrate on your long term trading / investing because you're not going to find any answers here to what's bothering you about trading nor is it worth it.

Seriously, it's starting to look like you fell down the rabbit hole.

Take a deep breadth and just walk away.

wrbtrader

#30     Jan 30, 2020