How can you buy an odd lot of PPH?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Daal, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

The only way to get the order out is through a market order at BRUT but it doesnt execute, I'm lost here, can anyone help

2. BRUT no longer exists. NASDAQ merged into NASDAQ Single Book, along with INET.

3. Daal

Daal

Do you know if there is a way to do it

4. I had the same problem. The HOLDRS web site says that holdrs only trade in 100 shares.

No small fry.

5. mnx

mnx

I thought about it for a while, and you could try something like sharebuilder.com. (they'll pair your order with others orders and you'll eventually get the shares...)

could could always make a basket of the components, but it would be pretty hard to approximate the exact composition...

http://www.holdrs.com/holdrs/main/i...bAction=PPH&HoldrName=Pharmaceutical%A0HOLDRS

I think those are just about your only options...

- mnx

6. PPH is optionable, so you could buy a long-dated call option. A Jan 2009 near-the-money call option would move, in the short term, like 50 shares of PPH and would cost around $600. Options lose value with time, so if you plan to hold this for a long time, options may not be the right thing.

7. Daal

Daal

Yes its a long-term play. I'm thinking of buying IHE. Of all the other pharma ETFs that is the one that is closest to PPH. It gives more weight to the big pharma companies like pph but not as much

8. Merlin

Merlin

Are you saying, that you can't place a market or limit sell to the AMEX?

I would have your broker call the floor and work the order.