How can we improve our trading skill ?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Peter brandley, May 9, 2013.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

study the forest before you cut the trees.

#81     Jul 31, 2019
  2. ironchef

ironchef

#82     Aug 1, 2019
  3. Avoid other’s opinion on trades. Talking about your strategies with other traders or discussing your performance is fine but avoid there opinions when It comes to specific trades. Trade your trading plan, your way.

#83     Sep 11, 2019
    KDASFTG likes this.
  4. tradenet

tradenet

I would say practice ! Practice makes a man perfect and that's your key to success in trading forex.

#84     Sep 13, 2019
  5. I would say perfect practice makes a perfect man.

#85     Oct 7, 2019
  6. %%
    Learn TO INVEST ;
    if you dont like the profits, on that,you can change the time frame, sometimes, to a trade.:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: NOT a prediction.

#86     Oct 7, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  7. rider20

rider20

My advice would be -don’t go with the herd mentality. See where you lack, work on it and you’ll be good. You can even use a trade journal for improving your trading skills.

#87     Oct 19, 2019
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Easy for you to say. :banghead: No offense, are you making a very good living trading?

Whenever I don't out-think or outwit the market, I usually lose.:mad:

#88     Oct 24, 2019
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Often, my failed short term trades became my long term investments: GE, TEVA...:banghead:

However, I did have some winners when failed short term trades became long term investments: MSFT, CSCO, BAC...:wtf:

NOT a prediction.:D

#89     Oct 24, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. %%
    GE/slow grower, or no grower went down way too much for me to invest in it. QQQ went down plenty in bear markets, 2001.....2008. , but QQQ is a good top trender. Fidelity ContraFund made a fortune in '' tech stock and avoiding GE''

#90     Oct 25, 2019
    ironchef likes this.