How can we buy shares of the Fed ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SNBthetrue, Dec 10, 2009.

1. There is so much fail in this thread.

The Fed is not a single company, rather a handful of companies and organizations. Some parts are private, some have govt. control. It's highly likely that the private companies are NPOs based on how the Fed operates.

#31     Dec 10, 2009
  2. Tresor

Tresor

I made a small research on FED once. All 12 regional FEDs's financial statements show share capital in their balance sheets, ergo they are privete-owned, not public-owned.

FED is a group of 12 private banks. The 12 banks also publish consolidated statements.

I have no idea how the registration process in the US works but in EU you can check the registration documents of any private corporation that has share capital: a joint stock company or limited liability company + some other types of companies of yet different legal form. You can also check the current list of shareholders. Moreover these companies are required by law to submit their yearly financial data accompanied by the opinion of the auditor to the court register.

You can apply to the court register for any data you want. If you are lasy you can hire a ''detective'' company like http://www.dnb.com/us/ for a few Euros to prepare a detailed report for you.

The first step would be in my opinion to go to the court register in which each of the FEDs is registered and ask for the data you want.

Here we are :D :
    https://smallbusiness.dnb.com/ePlat...tate=US&country=US&cm_mmc=dnb*home*gws*lookup

#32     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Tresor

Tresor

An as soon as you get the shareholders' list you can make an offer of purchase of the shares from the current shareholders.

Regards

#33     Dec 10, 2009
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Pure idiocy.

The FED is OWNED by Private Member Banks. Citi, JPM, BoA etc.

That's openly admitted on the FED website.

Do some actual research before you spout off with your "highly likely" bullshit. Thanks :D

#34     Dec 10, 2009
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Indeed. But who in the right mind would sell them ?

#35     Dec 10, 2009
  6. in every trade, it's always a question of 0...

#36     Dec 10, 2009
  7. I'm not talking about the regional reserve banks: there are a handful of organizations that make up the fed. The regional banks are in one organization.

#37     Dec 11, 2009
  8. You need to reread my post that you quoted.

NPOs are companies. No shit they are owned by the jekyll island banks - that's not new knowledge. Companies can be structured thousands of ways dipshit - with subsidiaries, JVs, etc. I didn't think I needed to explain the obvious.

#38     Dec 11, 2009
  9. That's an interesting assertion - that the for-profit banks set up a non-profit central bank. Is that a likely scenario?

Does anyone know if the Fed is explicitly mandated to be a NPO - covering only it's operating cost without disbursements to shareholder banks? A corporation's primary obligation is maximizing return to it's shareholders, unless explicitly stated otherwise, isn't it?

#39     Dec 11, 2009
  10. Dear WaveStrider,

I think that a great teacher said it the best in this choir...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6407847019713273360#

However normal corporation aren't immoral, they are only amoral...

However his vision is only possible in a free society where information and communcations are free ( 1st Amemdment... ). Competition is only a competition if there are rules... if not it's war. Rules who come from the market, for the market...

#40     Dec 12, 2009