How can these 1000's of parabolic charts not crash at some pt?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by piggie2000, Apr 24, 2010.

1. even going back to 1999 i've never seen so many 5-10 fold parabolic moves in some of the biggest co's in the world.No different than the reversal of the crash to lows in 2008 i expect to see some vicious moves down when this tops

2. noddyboy

noddyboy

Name a few tickers so we know what you mean? AAPL is not up 5 fold...

3. C, BAC, F, AMR, GE, ABK, MBIA, AIG, POT, etc., etc.

4. A guy I know decided to short YUM because statistically-technically, it should drop. I told him it's probably not a good idea because YUM has good fundamentals. For many days now, YUM is refusing to drop. Furthermore, it moved to new highs, right along with SPY. That guy I know is hurtin'. Poor guy ...

5. S2007S

S2007S

There are stocks up thousands of percent while the average stock is up a few hundred percent over the last 10-12 months.

Check out those 3, each of them are up over a 1000%, and there are more than just those three.

TEN

PIR

Lazy boy

6. Parabolic? :D Go research stocks from the tech bubble like BVSN to get a clear understanding of the term.

7. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

lol yea parabolic off the march lows

most of these stocks are still down 50% from the july 07 highs.

8. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

I agree.. the posters with 100+ posts are the n00bs on this board.

9. My biggest stockholding has gone up 200% but I am waiting for it to hit 600% so I can retire.:D

DOW 20K here we come baby yeah!:p

10. noddyboy

noddyboy

I asked because these are not the biggest companies in the world at that time. There are at most 10000 companies in the US, so 1000s up 500% is an overstatement.

Don't refute that lots of stocks are up, just as you can point to any bull market. The parabolic part doesn't seem to be here yet except for say AAPL. I define parabolic to be FXI in 07/08, or GC (Gold) in 1980.

#10     Apr 24, 2010