How can the US stock indexes fall? with POMO

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Rickshaw Man, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Traders trade volatility. Direction doesn't matter.

#11     Feb 7, 2011
  2. In other words Maverick doesn't know..

#12     Feb 7, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh jesus, you're really clever aren't you. Stop believing in the world order bullshit and trade.

#13     Feb 7, 2011
  4. First off i am a trader. Second off you were asked what happened. You can say "xyz happened in the price action that signaled a top in my opinion." You were not being productive in your statements. Throwing out one liners obviously makes me not want to value anything you say.

#14     Feb 7, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

What do you want me to say? The market provides opportunity everyday. Are you watching commodities? Currencies? Stocks? What about cotton? Sugar? What do you want me to say? Do you want me to tell you what to get long and short? Shit is moving man, trade it. There is nothing unique about this tape. Stuff goes up, stuff goes down, some stuff chops sideways. Honestly what would a productive statement be for you? Do you want me to give you some stocks that are breaking out to new all time highs today. I have a whole list of them.

Look, newbies have been coming on this board for years saying this market is strange or it doesn't make sense to them. There were people on here in 2008 saying they didn't understand the market. Many are saying that today. If you have been trading for awhile, there really is nothing out of the ordinary here. It's just a market.

#15     Feb 7, 2011
  6. I can say this. Tops and bottoms occur slowly as psychology shifts. The slope of the 200 day exp moving average on a daily chart is very reliable for determining bull or bear markets. A return to the line by price is your buy and sell points.

#16     Feb 7, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

If you want a bear market so bad, why don't you short bonds. They have come in 19 handles off the high last August. Perfect smooth downtrend. Classic TA 101 for you.

[​IMG]

#17     Feb 7, 2011
  8. One thing you simply can't ignore is the steep angle of this rally.

#18     Feb 7, 2011
  9. Free charts nice.

#19     Feb 7, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sure, so get short when the trendline breaks. In the meantime man you are missing out on all sorts of moves because of your "belief" system.

#20     Feb 7, 2011