How can struggling daytraders cope with the social stigma of being called losers?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by latinotrader, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Trading is a dying living? As long as prices change there are opportunities to profit from it. I do not see a day coming when prices do not change.

Why do the vast majority of your posts include descriptions of how well you're doing? A lot of your posts make me think I am reading a resume. It's like you have something to prove.

The point you miss about trading for a living is the trader is not beholden to anyone. Could you get on a plane to Greece this evening and piss off for a month without a word to any business people?

I bet at this very instant your cell phone is no more than 3 feet away from you. You may make tons of money but it does not sound like you own your own time. The trader may make less than you but he/she owns their own time and answers to no one. That is worth more than money.

#11     Feb 23, 2011
  2. jinxu

jinxu

Can you write one more post here to get that 2027th post? Thanks.

#12     Feb 23, 2011
  3. CET

CET

It is not a social stigma. It is a lack of self-esteem that one cares what others think. If you need others' approval, then you'll waste most of your life. Most people will be failures at many things if they attempt enough of them. The goal is to find those things at which you excel.

#13     Feb 23, 2011
  4. 1. Get a divorce.
    2. Liquidate the house.
    3. Get a studio apt or whatever it takes.
    4. Begin to trade forex.
    5. Get a job, on second shift.
    6. Develop a sizing plan, and start very very small.
    7. Brag to the ex-wife and the ex-friends by returning to the scene of the liquidation, with you financial house in order because he refused to quit.

#14     Feb 23, 2011
  5. Come on man. 'crgarcia' 'latinotrader'. The guy isn't even bright enough to disguise himself as a different minority.

#16     Feb 23, 2011
  6. +50,000

#17     Feb 23, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

This is actually good advice.

#18     Feb 23, 2011
  8. I didn't want to get into the whole ethnic thing but of course I noticed it....I just figured the other evidence was good enough :D

#19     Feb 23, 2011
  9. Handle123

Handle123

It is obvious to me he needs Major counseling and walk away from this way of life. Needs intervention. He is no longer trading to make money, he is just a losing gambler and as a friend, you might want to take him to a Gamblers AA group.

Long term trading for me makes the most money using the least hours to do it, on the other hand - day trading is total concentration, huge amounts of hours to get good but the reward to risk is usually inverse when you get to the bottom line of profit per trade. Day trading works best when you have disregard for money when you are trading, but sticking with your rules, and always taking out profits out of your account and funneling them into more conservative trading ideas.

But as far as price = human emotions, and I doubt people will ever change. People react and trade differently when markets rise and intense fear comes to play when markets drop. One of many reasons trades lose so often is cause they cannot see prices are emotions, some signals only work when price rises and different ones work when they drop. Different money management rules also applies of what the trend is.

#20     Feb 23, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.