How can I use the Market Replay data feed on Ninja Trader for my live trading feed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by shots fired, Aug 20, 2016.

1. I use Market Replay on Ninja Trader to practice my day trading after the market has closed. Invariably and consistently, the Market Replay data gives me better set-ups. Trades that appear very obvious on the MR data don't even appear on the live data feed. My live data feed is CQG. I have attempted 2 or 3 times to ask Ninja Trader who provides this data, but I can't seem to get an answer. I don't know much about data feed. So I'm at a disadvantage. Perhaps someone can help me understand this. Is it possible to find out who NT uses for their MR data feed, and it is possible for me to seek out that data provider and use it for my live data feed?

2. Mtrader

Mtrader

My opinion is that most datafeed have small differences. This is unavoidable.

But this should be irrelevant for your performance. If these small differences have a big impact on your returns it means that your system is not well balanced. A system is only well balanced if the returns stay stable, while changing the data within certain limits.
    I am not speaking about traders that jump in and out in seconds or minutes.

3. It`s not about the MR and Live trade discrepancies.It`s about the difference between demo a live trade.You thinking is just impaired when is real money at work,that`s it.

4. Mtrader

Mtrader

That is possible and can be normal. It depends on how your setups are generated. Is it in realtime or at the end of each timebar? If it is at the end of each timebar there should be no problem. But if it is in realtime it is obvious that within 1 timebar you receive a lot of different consecutive quotes. For each quote the indicators are recalculated. All these intermediate values are only seen in MR or in realtime. Not visible if trading with values from end of each timebar.

How can you compare setups between realtime and MR? MR works only AFTER close of the market (because only then you can download the data) and then you cannot see the realtime data by anymore as it is already in past.

5. I really don't understand what you just said. I need to do research about data feeds in general. i forgot to include that I use tick charts, and I am a scalper. I scalp for 4 ticks. On my Market Replay chart, for example, price will break above the previous candle, and then break below it. So it is an easy trade to see. Whereas on the CQG data that same price action will not break above the previous candle first. So it's things like this that I see over and over when comparing the two data feeds. Nobody can tell me where the Market Replay data comes from on Ninja Trader. It's as if Ninja Trader doesn't want to tell me. Although, I don't have enough understand of data feeds in general to know if or why this would be true.

6. Mtrader

Mtrader

Ninja feed is in line with datafeed from my brokers, so their feed should be reliable.