How can I solve my chart overload?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Topgun_1, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Topgun_1

Topgun_1

I purchased an average daily range calculator software from a company called CompassFx, but it is causing problems with my metatrader charts. I have 4 moving averages and a MACD indicator on all my charts. This apparently causes too much strain on my metatrader platform when I try to add the calculator software to my charts (because my charts freeze up on me when I install the calculator). When I remove all the MA's and the macd (making it a naked chart) then that is the only time the calculator will work on my charts without the charts freezing.

My questions are: What can I do to make my metatrader to be able to handle having both my regular indicators AND the calculator installed on the charts? I have very little knowledge of computers. Is it simply a matter of adding more memory? Or does it require taking some sort of action with my metatrader platform?
    Has anyone else experience a similar problem of a software not working because your charts cannot handle the overload of your various indicators?

Topgun

2. Hi,

The problem is not from the indicators overloading the CPU, as the processing power required for MACD and MAs is practically zero.

The likely cause is a problem with the code of your calculator. It may just be an issue with the version of metatrader you are using.

You should consult with the software developers.

3. JR97

JR97

How much history are you putting in your charts? I had all sorts of problems when I maxed out the chart history.