How can i raise money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ligerny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. No, that's the whole point. If you start trading your own money tomorrow you'd reach the same point within a month or so. And you wouldn't have to deal with all the details of handling other people's money.

#51     Dec 7, 2008
  2. ligerny

ligerny

:) Well as my martial arts instructor would say "in truth there's truth" But again i really am not trying to convince anyone here of my validity or ask them for money as im only a alias with a question. I was just hoping there was some good advice on where to go look for capital.

#52     Dec 7, 2008
  3. ligerny

ligerny

But it takes money to make money. I have traded my own small account but to get where i want to requires more capital but to deal with the stress at my job and then loose sleep over night and make few thousand dollars is not worth the stress. I rather raise capital quit my job and trade full time dedicated if i'm confident in my results.

#53     Dec 7, 2008
  4. ligerny

ligerny

I never said it was easy. Why do you think im asking right now? lol. I'm asking on this forum because there is a large audience and i am assuming most are intelligent in this area and might share some ideas.

As far as a professional setup. Sure i can go online incorporate for a few hundred bucks, buy an 800 number, secretary,. etc... Couple problems with that, i've just started doing it, there's no credibility. Plus all this takes money, it doesn't fall out of a tree... You gotta raise it first to get there even!!!!

#54     Dec 7, 2008
  5. That's why I suggested you differentiate between FRIENDS AND FAMILY and OUTSIDE 3RD PARTIES as two separate pools for raising money.

The former is your best bet for now. The latter is off limits to you unless you at least fulfill the above mentioned preconditions.

Raise a couple 100k from friends and family, double their money over 3 years. Get it audited. Then get a tad more professional setup and target outside sources of funds.

#55     Dec 7, 2008
  6. HAHA, thats really funny. 25% returns per month is equal to 1355% annual returns

you con-artist you

5yr

#56     Dec 7, 2008
  7. ligerny

ligerny

Your math is very poor! it actually comes to 300% annually at 25% a month assuming that you take profits at end of the month as well. Btw i said "10-25%" it ranges it's never the same each month. Compounding would indeed be more but hey i gotta pay bills don't i :)

You Math-Scholar you :)

#57     Dec 7, 2008
  8. ligerny

ligerny

My family is too annoying(like most) plus i have a rule in business, no family or friends, less problems and headaches this way plus what happens if they need to take out money? Equity changes all of a sudden doesn't it. I rather deal with third parties that invest long term.

Btw who are these third parties that you are referring too?

#58     Dec 7, 2008
  9. ScapGF

ScapGF

I was about to actually muster a long response until I realized I was wasting my time...

One quick piece of advice. If you are actually looking for sources of funding you better get your grammar and capitalization in line. Stop using the wrong form of "your" when you really mean to use "you're."

Sure, you could look through my posts and find common errors. Yet just remember that YOU are the one looking for large sums of other people's money. At least type like you are somewhat qualified.

LOL

#59     Dec 7, 2008
  10. Makloda Is dead on guys.
    F&Family first. After you show them a great return, Audit, and then start to ramp it up.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box when raising. Consider debt financing as well.

#60     Dec 7, 2008