How can i raise money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ligerny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Turn a $1000 FXCM or OANDA mini account into $1500 in 30 days and I will be impressed, Post your blotter on here once a day.

If you want any credibility, you are gonna have to prove it, otherwise seriously you are wasting your time shaking your tin cup here!

surdo

#41     Dec 7, 2008
  2. wrong answer, wrong disposition, wrong approach at this...

that is what your clientle, or those to whom you pitch your offer to will decide in their minds,

perhaps they will NOT voice it, but certainly think it.

take one guess, what their next step will be?

yeah, that's right, hang up

whether over the phone, in their mind, or in their attention wondering to some other offer coming at them....

#42     Dec 7, 2008
  3. If you start with just $10,000 - $15,000 you're a millionaire in about two years (considering average return of 17.5%).

Are you really saying you can't drag yourself out of bed for two years to become a millionaire with your own money but you are willing to put in roughly the same time and effort if someone else gives you 100K up front with you keeping 30% of the profit?

#43     Dec 7, 2008
  4. ligerny

ligerny

Actually im being realistic!

#44     Dec 7, 2008
  5. ligerny

ligerny

And telling someone hey look i turned $100 into $1000 when there minimum investments is six figures.... It's not very convincing to a large investor from that perspective... Yeah the % return is impressive but in an investors mind, handing $100 is nowhere near there $100,000 account. Need to read what i wrote more carefully

#45     Dec 7, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Just so we are on the same page, you think investors are going to fork over $100K to someone with NO track record?

Ever hear that phrase, "you gotta' crawl before you can walk"?

I do believe I have wasted enough time reading this thread.

surdo

#46     Dec 7, 2008
  7. ligerny

ligerny

From that perspective your right. But Isn't spending 1-3 month trying to raise lets say six figures instead of 10-15k a lot faster?

#47     Dec 7, 2008
  8. ligerny

ligerny

Who said i have no track record... :)

#48     Dec 7, 2008
  9. Pita

Pita

Your arguments getting more and more convincing, hehehe.

unsubscribed

#49     Dec 7, 2008
  10. If it was so easy to raise six figures, why are you coming to a forum asking for advice?

Fact is, it is extremely hard to raise money from third parties (other than family and friends). Before you even begin approaching third parties, you should consider establishing

a) a professional setup (office, legal advisor, monthly auditing and NAV calculation)
    b) a minimum 3 year audited historical track record

There are 10,000 guys like yourself waiting for rich guys to give them money to trade without asking any questions. Why would they choose you?

#50     Dec 7, 2008