How can i raise money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ligerny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. You won't raise a dime with those numbers from a professional investor....and if you have to ask why not, then you are clueless....

#31     Dec 7, 2008
  2. I stick by my post. If you really feel you can average 15% or more per month, then borrow $10K. Give it your best shot. If it doesnt work and you realise that there was a fundamental flaw in your idea then it cost you $10K, take it as a lesson learnt, get a job work hard and pay it back. If it works you will have well over $1 Million in 3 yrs.

Borrow the money and get started.

Just a point on compounding. If you did raise $1 Milllion dollars from investors and you averaged 15% per month you wold have $28 Million in 2 years and $819 Million in 4yrs. (ignoring your 30% cut and any dividends you may declare), how will your system hold up then; with the higher volumes required?

I thought i had a system that with backtesting was giving numbers around 15% per month. I was so excited as my plan was to start small and double my cash every 5 months. The old chessboard grains of rice story sprang to mind; in 30 yrs i will own all the money in the world and you would all be my slaves, dream on. My numbers in reality due to some issues came out at around 30% per annum, far short of my 15% per month.

#32     Dec 7, 2008
  3. ligerny

ligerny

3% risk on any open trade, my whole strategy is based around money management with as little risk as possible... But the reason i say it wont disappear and i bet everyone is thinking im doing fundemental and/or technical analysis for this. NOPE! :) My strategy involves beating the forex dealer, much like a blackjack game and that is why for me to stop playing the dealer has to leave :)

#33     Dec 7, 2008
  4. ligerny

ligerny

Yes your correct, but why would you want to register as a CTA without the ability to have discretion. I mean sure can post a track record with the NFA but but if there's no discretion your pretty much have the same ability as an AP it's just more work, not to mention what normal person would give you money if you've been registered for a week. Two years you have more credibility.

#34     Dec 7, 2008
  5. ligerny

ligerny

Your absolutely correct! But that also depends on how your managing your equity and risk. If you over leverage yourself you'll get lucky one time, second time you blow up the account. Atleast i've been right on this the last 2 years, so either i've been extremely lucky for to years or i actually have something.. After two years you really gotta wonder if you got a rabbits foot in your hand or a diamond.

#35     Dec 7, 2008
  6. ligerny

ligerny

Actually your clueless! 10-25% is bad? When you can sustain that momentum and it compounds you do extremely well... Learn how to count first. Sure who can have those wild 60-XXX% swings with over leveraging and getting lucky! But how long before you blow up your account? In the long run you fail especially with the volatility we have now.

#36     Dec 7, 2008
  7. ligerny

ligerny

I see you actually know what your talking about :) Yes that is still the biggest question. At what point is the volume i'm trading getting attention. Even at 10 million with the current volume im ok, and i could easily sustain more then a living, and i'd rather try to stay under the raider as a tiny dot then be noticed :) btw you have backtested, i have actually forward tested. But again that's all relevant depending on emotion and the strategy

#37     Dec 7, 2008
  8. reach down to the floor and grab those strings called boot straps and pull up.

that's how you can raise money

prove the system works in small amounts, build it up to your target monetary amount, whether from, say $100 to $1,000, or $10,000, or $100,000 and then you will have two essential things necessary to sell in this market:
    1) credibility
    2) self funded arrogance

both of these are essential and go by different names, titles and presentations, but at the core of trading, those are the raw essentials.....

#38     Dec 7, 2008
  9. ligerny

ligerny

Well maybe I'm too demanding as the old saying goes "Beggars cant be choosers". I could take $100 turn it into $1000, but for me to this with $100 and getting up during the night to put on a trade doesn't seem worth it. If i'm trading $100,000 account at least now were talking and I'm getting something significant for my time.

#39     Dec 7, 2008
  10. Pita

Pita

Only with the statement that you have actually forward tested you completely lose credibility in case there ever was any. You gotta prove first that you can make a living from trading before asking for others' saving. No hard feeling but I strongly assume that you are facing a mindstage of phantasy future. Prove me wrong and I get you some bucks.:)

#40     Dec 7, 2008