How can i raise money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ligerny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

http://www.collective2.com/

#21     Dec 7, 2008
  2. What qualifies as an audited record?

Does passing the series 3 make one a CTA?

#22     Dec 7, 2008
  3. ligerny

ligerny

Nice... Thank you very much. Is this a well known organization that is a standard for this and is recognized?

#23     Dec 7, 2008
  4. ligerny

ligerny

No being continuously registered for at least 2 years will allow you to register as a CTA at that point. Any schmuck can pass the series 3 and then register as a cta after 2 years, doesn't necessarily make you profitable. Not that im calling you a schmuck, just saying in general :)

#24     Dec 7, 2008
  5. Luv that crude oil!

The attached graph compares my fund vs. S & P on a per $1000 basis.

I started trading in March.

#25     Dec 7, 2008
  6. In my city there is a venture capital club where money managers & entrepreneurs meet & greet. They have monthly meetings. Each month 2 folks wanting money get to give a 5 minute pitches. THe crowd size is about 200.

You better be well prepared because the follow up questioning can be brutal if you are not.

The VC guys are typically looking for businesses that need $5 - $10 million to really launch to a national distribution. But I am preparing a presentation seeking $100,000. I figure that it cannot hurt me plus I don't mind public speaking.

#26     Dec 7, 2008
  7. A lot of trader's strategies disappeared in the last few months when the ATR went sky high. Never be so sure. Edges come and go.

The question you will be confronted with by potential clients is: what are the risks? I could easily double my money in a week with enough leverage, but the question that should be asked is: could I have blown my account?

Returns alone mean absolutely nothing. It says nothing about the risks involved.

#27     Dec 7, 2008
  8. I was on the understanding that you can register as a CTA right after passing your series 3. If you are a an AP and want discretionary power over a clients account then you need to be continuously registered for 2 years.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    At least that was my experience, unless something has changed recently.
    If you are confused between an AP and a CTA you shouldn't be giving advice on here.

#28     Dec 7, 2008
  9. thats a great idea until you blow up and have to pay it back at interest...
    I'm sure there are alot of forex guys up huge this year with the move in the dollar.
    The problem is you got lucky. Your not the first one that the market has conned into believing they are great after 7 months..."what are all these guys talking about that trading is so hard??"...
    If you believe this or not it really doesn't matter, the market is devilishly clever at teaching this lesson given enough time.

#29     Dec 7, 2008
  10. Remember that markets change and evolve rapidly over time, a dynamic can cease to exist within a matter of days....

#30     Dec 7, 2008