How can I know when a company will send their sales warning?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kiev, Jan 18, 2018.

1. kiev

kiev

Does a company need to report to sec or public the time when they will send their sales warning or outlook? Maybe a week or 10 days before they publish their earning report? Or they just send these(sales outlook) randomly?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. skyknight

skyknight

I am not so familiar with that kind of thing, haha

3. Xela

Xela

Then why are you replying, in the thread?? [​IMG]

skyknight, murray t turtle and speedo like this.
  4. Funny!!

skyknight and murray t turtle like this.
  5. Subscribed!

6. That's kind of a silly question...that's like asking all the other drivers on the road to honk and flash their lights before they're about to crash....you, or anything else.
    Of course you can't exactly anticipate bad (or good) news.

The only thing standard or generally expected are the quarterly reporting dates. -- and even that date can deviate sometimes.
    Be an elite trader in 2018, not just an elite forum user. :thumbsup:

7. tomorton

tomorton

A company has to release financial updates on a calendar basis, every 3 or 6 months, depending on which market the company is listed in. But they must also release share price-sensitive information to the whole market as soon as possible.

Remember, the shareholders own the company, not the directors.

Xela likes this.
  8. speedo

speedo

If it's of a material nature, they will announce and hold a press conference which the public can listen in on.

9. zdreg

zdreg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  10. %%
    ''HOW can i know??'' Generally speaking, you cant ''know'' + stay out of jail. BUT if you could find a top trender/uptrender, or one many sell/hate, that may help a lot. To use a concrete,LOL,example; an EPS of 20, means 80% of stocks are doing better, [edit, earnings]GE,may close below $20 today+ downtrend to $ 10.10 later??. NOT a stock tip, not a prediction,may lose value:caution::cool: Good 10 day question,kiev

#10     Jan 19, 2018