How can I get over fear of making big profits?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jinxu

jinxu

Honestly, I don't understand why some of you are concerned about being thank for your advice. I'm a member of a few other forums on the net and often time people are rarely being thanked for their advice. I am thinking this has more to do with a generation issue. My silence is not because I'm not thankful for your advice, but b/c I'm busy filtering through them all. There's a lot of them. Typing a reply takes time away from reading. I don't have the time to reply to them all, but if you want appreciation here it is. Thanks for your input.

#51     Aug 23, 2010
  2. Marcell

Marcell

Look who's speaking. Arrogance of a complete newbie has reached its zenith. A primary reason why users should put you on ignore. Not like people are expecting a word of appreciation but they do expect some kind of feedback. Perhaps you consider coming out of the green room and discuss what advice was helpful to you and how you are going to reflect this in your future trading, a@$hole.

#52     Aug 23, 2010
  3. jinxu

jinxu

Why didn't you just ask?

#53     Aug 23, 2010

4. If you really want to help jinxu, and I'm assuming that is what you really wish to do, then get your head out your ass and quit throwing a fckin encyclopedia at him. Throwing a mass of confusing concepts in bulk at him is not helping him at all, I can assure you.

Take just ONE concept from what you wrote and run it thru' live. Use a separate thread if you have to. Side benefit would be help to a thousand other jinxus.

#54     Aug 23, 2010
  5. jinxu

jinxu

There's no need to do that. I understand many of those concepts already. How do you think it was possible to make 450% in 11 trading days if I didn't know a thing or two? :)

#55     Aug 23, 2010
  6. The same way my grandma won a couple hundred dollars on the slot machines when she went to Las Vegas back in her day.

No offense, just sayin'....

#56     Aug 23, 2010
  7. A new economic concept has been designed relatively to the free lunch, "TANSTAASP." There Ain't No Such Thing As A Silver Platter.

No matter what someone tells you, you have to see it for yourself to trust it. I can tell you how I trade, but you won't take the signals until you see it for yourself that what I do works. Even then you ("you" read as "people in general") will then take what you see and make it your own or figure out your own criteria for what creates the signal. Even, even then you will have to deal with the psychological games that the market plays with your mind.

Only until someone decides to let go of their ego will one be able to objectively decide that they want to be a better trader. Nobody can tell you how to trade until you can pull the trigger on your own. The fact that someone says, "I don't need help, I already know everything, my results prove it..." is your ego speaking.

This isn't directed at anyone, just adding for the sake of discussion.

#57     Aug 23, 2010

8. Cool. :)

But just understanding is only the beginning, an important one no doubt. Its the repetition that cements the concept and this could be spread out over months or more.

For example, the simple godgiven, Nature's trendline. Easy to understand, easy to draw. Yet, how many times, despite the fact that I understood the concept, did I neglect to draw one, when had I done so, a rally or breakdown would have been clearcut to discern. It took a while to make this a habit.

On a side note, a trendline is like a soothing medicine - it reduces confusion by being directly in line with "how do you deal with a confusion?" ... find a stable datum. The trendline does this - so does S/R

#58     Aug 26, 2010