How can I get over fear of making big profits?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Aug 5, 2010.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

neveral0ne,

I was scratching my head to determine why you would say he was losing when in fact he did not say such in this thread. Next, I researched jinxu recent messages and discover he's posting his trade statements over in the Trader P/L Blotter thread.

Yeah, he's now losing and hopefully will take some advice from the veteran traders...too much emotion in his trading.

To jinxu,

You should start your own trade journal thread instead of spreading yourself thinly around the forum because your questions will get better replies (advice) if traders knew more about your trading habits that you're discussion in different threads instead of in one location.

Mark

#31     Aug 13, 2010
  2. primary source of fear is a bank account.you`ll never overcome that kind of fear unless your account is padded enough.

#32     Aug 15, 2010
  3. Release your guilt, fears and shame.

#33     Aug 15, 2010
  4. dst888

dst888

I think Jinxu is a smart guy, if he could have more capital as buffer and better risk control and better discipline in executing his trading plan, as time goes by, he could be successful.

#34     Aug 15, 2010
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

- Vince Lombardi

#35     Aug 15, 2010
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Very easy, it will take only one step. if you do it , i can gurantee your problem will be solved.

1. close your p+l, do not look at it at all. I look at mine at the end of the week. I have an idea where i am at, but it lets me focus on my trading mechanices, not trading from my p+l.

OK, close thread, the rest is discipline.

EF

#36     Aug 15, 2010

7. Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

Deadbroke H. Novice

#37     Aug 15, 2010

8. Why do only 10% of women go to heaven?
    Because if they all went, it would be hell.

#38     Aug 15, 2010
  9. blox87

blox87 Guest

Beginners luck in trading is very very bad for beginner trader. If you haven't blown up yet you most likely will. Get all your "blowing" done via sim until you know you have an edge that will be good enough to squeeze some profits out of the market with manageable draw down periods. Read " fooled by randomness" . The truth hurts but it must be told if you really want to be successful. I wish you the best and hope you are successful

#39     Aug 15, 2010
  10. Well, if you read the post I responded to, where he discards the idea of getting a job when he could just trade and make the $$$ on his $1K or whatever account...

then both of your adjectives (smart... could be successful...) really don't seem to fit

#40     Aug 15, 2010