How can I get live real time data without paying extra fees?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by curiousv, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Peter10

Peter10

I have a thinkorswim paper money account for over two year now, the chart is in real time.

#21     Feb 2, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  2. How can I have sex with a beautiful call girl, without paying her?

#22     Feb 2, 2019
  3. Peter10

Peter10

Very easy, you wake up and leave before her.

#23     Feb 2, 2019
  4. Mnewton

Mnewton

Td Ameritrade account and TOS gives you real time data great for options trading DOM

#24     Feb 2, 2019
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

refer to the Russians they will know.

#25     Feb 2, 2019
  6. Yahoo provides BATS ECN data I believe for free, which is real-time, but does not cover the full market, so the quality will definitely differ from one symbol to another.
    TD Ameritrade - RT data for stocks, options, futures, forex. just need to have an account.
    IB for all practical purposes just passes through the exchange fees. I don't think they charge anything on top of that.
    Same goes for Ally invest.
    Tradier - I believe is free real-time data for account holders.
    (All those work with Medved Trader)

#26     Feb 2, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  7. bone

bone

Just don't be shocked when the free or 'gratis' real time data you're getting doesn't align so fluently with actual live exchange time and sales. Speaking for futures, that data ain't free from the exchange.

#27     Feb 4, 2019
    wave.2.trade likes this.
  8. bone

bone

If you find any 'free' real time data - I personally wouldn't recommend that you day trade on it. You miss one trade or get picked off one time - your entire justification for 'free' just got blown up. Just my own 2 cents, YMMV.

#28     Feb 5, 2019
    Nobert and digitalnomad like this.
  9. tonyf

tonyf

#29     Feb 6, 2019