How can I fix this psychological problem?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kivd, Sep 28, 2011.

1. also, since this is the psycho forum, don't forget guilt. Last trade was easy. I don't deserve it. Am I just a lucky gamber? Put something on and see if it happens again. I don't know what I'm doing. It can't be this easy.

Well there, I'm even again. Now I feel better. I really didn't deserve that last profit. Everybody else works for a living.

#21     Oct 2, 2011
  2. :p LOL:p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:p LOL:p

#22     Oct 3, 2011
  3. Emotional management is fundamental to consistent trading. Fear or exuberance is simply not an option for the disciplined trader. Once you win, you are letting that win taint your emotions that you bring to you next trade. While you are trading discipline, patience, courage, and impartiality are the only elements of the mind that should be there. Letting exuberance sneak in is dangerous to good consistent trading.

Rande Howell

#23     Oct 3, 2011
  4. I'm a conservative trader too. And I know others who recommend this same thing that I am about to say.

"After a win, take a few days off."

Get used to that new higher amount in your account and take ownership of it just like you had before the previous trade. If you trade like its not yours, make it yours before trading it.

#24     Oct 4, 2011