How can I chart breadth studies?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ges, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ges

ges

I want to be able to take various breadth measures and plot them real time. Is there some combination of datafeed and software that makes this relatively easy to do?

For instance, I'd like to calculate the thrust oscillator in real time using Adv/Dec issues and Adv/Dec volume.

Right now I am using SierraChart and I can't figure out how to do it (or if it is even possible).

What data vendors provide all the real time breadth data and stuff like VIX, put/call ratio, TRIN, tick, etc?

Thanks for any help.

gs

2. TS6 has all you mentioned except the put/call ratio.

3. Quote.com has all of those indices (including put/call I believe).

4. Hi, as the other member said, Tradestation.com, or TS-6 would do the trick for you, I attached a chart for the Advance/Decline line, Trin, Tick, Vix all in 1 chart, i made a 5 min chart, the TOP chart is the difference from Advancers to Decliners, shows + 193 more advancers than decliners, also I did not incluse the A/D volume , but its easy to do I am sure.........TS basically would suite your needs.....I do some programming in it also to enhance my work & I find it to be perfect for my needs, I use Realtick also BUT, for for what you need TS-5 is perfect..........Christopher Terry

5. They

They

These are from Qcharts, you can get the same breadth data on the NAZ and AMEX

If you want you can also add them together to create one breadth study

i.e $TICK.NY +$TICK.NQ +$TICK.AM = Super secret trading edge tick indicator:D

6. ges

ges

Thanks to those of you who replied. Sorry it took me a while...was out of town and away from the computer.

TS or Qcharts looks like they would work fine. Since I am trading a rather small account, it would be hard for me to justify the cost of TS...maybe later.

A cheap charting solution is SierraChart, but I haven't figured out a way to graph these things in that program yet.

Thanks again for the ideas.

gs

7. Daal

Daal

there are some breath indicators at stockcharts.com (AD and highs and lows for nyse, nasdaq and amex)

8. ges

ges

I'd like to be able to set up intraday indicators for stuff like the Thrust Oscillator. Still haven't been able to do it.

gs