how can I attach 3 monitors to laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pbanerjee, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Hi,

a) I have a laptop that has a DVI-DL port (and also 5 USB ports).

b) I have bought 3 additional monitors to convert my laptop into a trading station. Each monitor has a DVI and a VGA connection point. Each laptop came with a VGA cable, but no DVI cables.

So I need to buy the DVI cables myself.

I don't really want to spend money on Matrox Triplehead2go - and not sure if that's the solution.

What is the best way (e.g. configuration of DVI cables) to buy to extend the laptop screen to the 3 additional monitors (and creating 4 screens)?

Thanks.

2. Renah

Renah

3. aaxaa

aaxaa

4. Thanks for the tip.
    I'm in the same exact predicament as the OP, so I have a question. Would you need to buy one of these for each monitor?

5. Renah

Renah

Yes, one for each monitor.

Although now AOC makes USB monitors, so that it comes with it inside, should be even cheaper.

Best of luck.

RenaTrader

6. Thanks a lot.

7. UPDATE: I ordered two of the adapters recommended earlier in the thread, received them today and they do in fact work as was stated. Thanks again.

8. Renah

Renah

Nice, yes really a no-brainer.

Best of luck in your trading.

9. Daal

Daal

10. My computer runs Linux, so direct support for these USB display devices isn't there, but I can run Windows under vmware or virtualbox and they can access any USB device. Has anyone tried this? I wonder whether it will be responsive enough.

#10     Sep 4, 2013