How can I ask a shill to see statement?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by torontoman, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Nexen

Nexen

This is absolutely ridiculous.

No one is going to ever teach you the way of the market because the only way you have a chance of getting it is by studying price for years and years. On top of that, it is not just about price, it's about emotions, controlling fear and greed, using the right position management and many other things that got nothing to do with price. Even if you do find what needs to be done, the hardest part comes next, having the balls to actually do it.

No one, not even the best trader out there, can inject experience into you.

You are wasting your money.

#21     Oct 31, 2009
  2. He probably used to think exactly like you. Then he lost a lot in the market, and learned almost nothing useful to make him a winner.

Then he realized that if he paid a fraction to someone to show him what worked it would have been less expensive and he would have knowledge in exchange.

Oh! I forgot to tell that you as well would be like him if you are now trading.

#22     Oct 31, 2009
  3. Nexen

Nexen

You fucking bastard, you must have some sort of pay service to reply like that.

#23     Oct 31, 2009
  4. It wasn't Alex Wolinsky was it?

#24     Oct 31, 2009
  5. I have asked several individuals who have trading courses for copies of their statements, but no one has ever complied. One instructor said that Russians are notorious for being able to get into your brokerage account and drain the funds even if you blacken out the account number. Another one said that he did not want people to know how much money he made trading, because his young children might get kidnapped and ransomed. Others have simply said that they do not release their brokerage statements, without giving a reason.

#25     Oct 31, 2009
  6. i'm a quite profitable trader and have thought about offering training services like this at times, but i am sure i would charge more than anyone would pay, and there is no way in hell i'd give my strategies away by giving away statements beforehand. it's just one of those game theory situations where a natural stand-off ensues and doing nothing is on my side. can't blame people for not wanting to give away their strategies for free, but at the same time none of the best strategies would sell for cheaper than six figures, so you can pretty much write any 10k or cheaper course off as worthless.

#26     Oct 31, 2009
  7. Another great excuse.

If someone who claims to be very profitable is selling a high priced system or method or whatever you want to call it, and is stiffarming the buyer to prevent him from conducting reasonable due diligence, that person has something to hide and I assure you it isn't good.

I've heard every cockamamie reason why these cheap street educational hustlers won't show statements so nothing surprises me. But if a vendor was genuinely interesed in helping a buyer he could simply give his broker written permission to answer questions from the buyer about his monthly profits without getting into all the trade by trade details.

If that was unacceptable to the vendor, then he is a charlatan so be thankful you didn't piss away your money.

#27     Nov 1, 2009
  8. The sad truth is there are plenty of gullible and desperate people who will fork over their money to these scammers without satisfying themselves these vendors can trade profitably.

Case in point, Alex of PureTick. He is a net loser trading with real money.

#28     Nov 1, 2009
  9. Dude - run away. Far away.
    There are no profitable 'systems'...only profitable traders.
    And those are few and far between....

I have a buddy...who INSISTS that he is making 3 or 4 pts a day, EVERYDAY, trading ES. He INSISTS that he wins 95% of the time. He was interested in trading OPM...
    I told him that if he would let me post his brokerage statements (with all the obvious stuff blocked out) that I would open a CTA for him and we could get rich beyond our wildest imaginations.

He WOULD NOT DO IT....His excuse: I don't want anyone to know anything about me or my trading...taxes, identity theft - every fucking excuse in the book. People should just trust that he's done what he's done.

Imagine??

#29     Nov 1, 2009
  10. What's with all this obsession over statements, even if you could see statements they're probably not going to tell you very much, there would still be too many unanswered questions.

You've also got to weigh up who is getting the better deal here. Is it the professional trader who is prepared to spend his valuable time teaching someone, or is it the 'purchaser' who has been fortunate enough to find someone of that caliber who is willing to teach him!

Most genuine people know the scams which exist and they will be only too happy to demonstrate their trading prowess in real time, which in my opinion is the only thing which counts, historical results mean diddly, everyone's a winner with hindsight.

Aside from all that, with the exception of fully automated systems the profitability of a trading strategy is more to do with the trader who's trading it rather than the strategy itself.

I think you've got more problems than simply trying to find someone honest......from what I've read so far you're going to have more trouble trying to convince him you're worth the time and effort to even bother trying to teach you.....at any price!!

#30     Nov 1, 2009