How can 100% condo ownership help me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spinn, Dec 31, 2008.

1. well, the guy lives in the area already and has health problems. The best solution it seems would be for him to get a gov. position where he would not have to relocate and have a very good health care benefits.

#31     Jan 1, 2009
  2. Maybe you are right. For example, working at the pentagon will cure anything that ails you.:D

#32     Jan 1, 2009

3. I read somewhere that there was a guy who after 30 years could not take it any longer and quit. The reason, he had absolutely nothing to do and was tired of doing nothing.

He was working at the Pentagon... :D

#33     Jan 1, 2009
  4. You have the perfect situation right now....Do not change a thing. Switch to part time...

Wifey

#34     Jan 1, 2009
  5. When I was 29, I was interviewing for a government job at the Pentagon and was sent down the hall to take a physical.

The examining doctor looked like he was in his late 70's and he asked me where I was planning to work and I told him. He advised me to get out of there as fast as I could. I did.

I never went back and got a job at a field station. 21 years later, I was a free man with a pension. Best move I ever made.

#35     Jan 1, 2009
  6. karol88

karol88

right, I can only speak for the patent office, many people brought their relatives and friends in. however they were ALL qualified. the reason for this is only that they will look at their application sooner than if they went through a website etc....basically knowing somebody inside the office got them the job much quicker.

funny story about the guy at Pentagon, I can see that though :)

#36     Jan 1, 2009

7. What is a field station?

#37     Jan 1, 2009
  8. spinn

spinn

My first job was at a Federal agency called the FERC and I worked about twelve minutes a day, before there was an internet and quit after a year to work for IBM.

Once I tried to do something which basically automated the one task I did have because it was basically data entry. The lowest paid employee over-ruled her $125,000 a year boss because she actually had to read three lines.

Most GOVT jobs are not like that, but there certainly are those that are.

My current position is not stressful, it is the fatigue that gets you, almost pneumonia like fatigue. It would not matter what I was doing when that hits.

#38     Jan 1, 2009
  9. What is a field station?

The naval weapons center, nwc is a field station and it reports to the naval air systems command, nasc.

The naval surface weapons center, nswc is a field station and it reports to the naval sea systems command, nssc.

The commands report to the pentagon but they are not considered "field stations".

These navy labs and stations and ones for the army and air force are located all over the country. For example, the Eglin air force base includes a field station that is located on the Gulf of Mexico. Not exactly a bad place to work if you can get it.

#39     Jan 1, 2009
  10. I used to work with lots of guys from SPAWAR. Attended some schools/classes at their building in Norfolk.

Hearing those acronyms brings a warm feeling to my heart. ha ha

#40     Jan 1, 2009