How can 100% condo ownership help me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spinn, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Opra

Opra

Time zone is indeed great, but how can a US citizen move to UK to be domiciled there, if not work-related? You just stay there. Surely there are some rules regarding this? Appreciate any information. TIA.

#21     Jan 1, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

Free NHS treatment at hospitals

Even if you’re entitled to free GP treatment in the UK, medical treatment from hospitals will not necessarily be free, unless your condition is considered to be an emergency. You can receive NHS hospital treatment for free if:

You’ve been living legally in the UK for at least 12 months (temporary absences of up to 3 months are ignored).
    You’ve come to work in the UK, either as an employee or self-employed person. This does not include people on short business trips, and it only relates to people who are actually working, not just looking for work.

http://www.avert.org/freenhs.htm

Problem is.....nobody considers trading to be "work" :cool:

#22     Jan 1, 2009
  3. saxon22:

That is a valuable site that you posted. If my son ever loses his job then I will refer him to it.
    Thanks

#23     Jan 1, 2009
  4. I've studied surgery for the past 8 years including following the medical journals every week. I'd like to pull money out of my house and begin brain surgery. I have a good feel and sense of what is going on and I've done paper surgery to practice, with good results. What are my chances of success?

Can anyone recommend a good medical supply house for a newbie like me? Will I have to pay tax on my earnings?
    Are there any rules about how many times I can perform surgery in a week?

Any help for this newb would be appreciated. I plan on making $5000-10000 per month to start. Is this realistic?

[​IMG]

#24     Jan 1, 2009
  5. spinn

spinn

Apparently stock_trad3r has more aliases than I thought as that is the stupidest analogy I have ever seen on ET.

Anyone in school for 8 years would get a paid internship before becoming a surgeon......

Not to mention the fact that I have made thousands of live trades, trading a very difficult instrument, the euro, at the worst possible time, 8 PM EST.

Yeah I know......why do I even respond to the trolls........

#25     Jan 1, 2009
  6. karol88

karol88

Sorry, but nobody gets jobs through this site. This is what I was told by people who work for the government (here in and around DC) and do the hiring. We just talked about this site few days ago. They explained to me that this site is there only for one purpose: to give everyone equal opportunity, where in fact this is just an illusion. They said they get thousands of applications for one position through this site, and the applications are not being looked at until they are really desperate.
    The best way to find government jobs is through job fairs (at universities) or through friends.
    hint: The US Patent office (in Alexandria) will hire about 1000 people a year for the next few years (they are very desperate). even a Bachelors degree will get you in, this is also the best paid government job there is (starting salary for a masters degree is 70k and you get a raise every 6-12 months), and the most flexible: work your own hours plus work at home after two years....plenty of time to trade :)

Happy New Year everyone! :)

#26     Jan 1, 2009
  7. Perhaps you will stop talking out of your ass in 2009?

#27     Jan 1, 2009
  8. Going to work in Washington DC for most people is an act of desperation. Living conditions in the field stations are usually much better.

#28     Jan 1, 2009
  9. karol88

karol88

what's your problem chicken?
    go ahead, give some input...

#29     Jan 1, 2009

10. I have never worked for the federal government so I cannot comment as to what are the chances of obtaining a job through the site. However, I am familiar with hiring process for state and city agencies and if you think you can get a job for a friend then you are mistaken. Most of the time there are strict rules to follow and criteria must be met in order to get the position. Maybe on the federal level it is done differently.
    As for US patent office, it is a valuable info and sounds like an excellent gig.

#30     Jan 1, 2009