How can 100% condo ownership help me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spinn, Dec 31, 2008.

1. lrm21

lrm21

My main concern for you is your need for health insurance without group coverage from an employer your medical bills are going to eatyou up

Don't put the presurre of trading for a living

You are debt free and own your home that's 80% of the way to finacial independece

Set a goal of saving up your money to have at least 1 year of savings + a trading stake + a health savings account

You don't not have enough now to start and you only risk jeopardizing your personal balance sheet

If you don't have the discipline to start right then you shouldn't start at all

#11     Jan 1, 2009
  2. What meds? You could probably get these medications and supplements in another country for way, way less money. The vacation would do you good too.

#12     Jan 1, 2009
  3. Mav88

Mav88

All health problems are 99% self induced , yours included, I looked up your "issue" low and behold, adrenal glands had to do with problems with salt processing.

The religion of alternative medicine is alive and well. 99% of deaths can be avoided I suppose

#13     Jan 1, 2009
  4. Sell your condo, and emigrate to one of the UK coastal places/towns and trade. Free NHS treatment, its not the same as Swiss private clinics, but l know of 2 Yanks who have done it. Plus time zone GMT is great for trading :D......

#14     Jan 1, 2009
  5. spinn

spinn

The meds are probably $150 or so, I am not too worried about those as many from overseas are counterfeit.

Many of the supplements are $40 a month, such as CoQ10, it does add up. You need to take quality things, not just the cheapest.

Regardless, even if I cut that down to zero, it still would not solve the main issue.

I started this thread thinking there may be other home equity options, it does not seem like there are.

#15     Jan 1, 2009
  6. spinn

spinn

Ironic you mentioned that.....DRs have always told the sheeople, myself included, to avoid salt.

My body desperately needs salt and I now drink electrolytes with so much salt in them they taste like ocean water.

Cygnus as an American citizen, if I move to one of these places I can not imagine I would qualify for health care immediately would I?

As for health care, I do not need much at this point as 98% of the DRs I have seen have taken money for horribly bad advice....I am done with them and do most of it myself.

All Drs do for me at this point is charge me about $1000 a year for the five or so minutes it takes to refill a prescription four times a year.

#16     Jan 1, 2009
  7. It would take about 6 months before qualifying.....

#17     Jan 1, 2009
  8. I go to the doctor for a checkup once a year and at that time the doctor writes all my prescriptions to last for the entire year.
    You should be able to do that as well.

#18     Jan 1, 2009

9. insurance is a big problem if you lose your job if you have a pre existing condition. Maybe you could get a part time job. Also, what about getting a job in the industry, get your series 7. You could trade remote prop and get greater leverage and perhaps some training. Try to leave your equity alone if you can. The 20k in an account can get you started. What are you trading?

#19     Jan 1, 2009
  10. My advice:

1. get off sugar and salt. Do not completely eliminate it but try to avoid it as much as yo can.

2. Try to get a government job. Living in DC this should be easier than in other places. Try this site first:

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/

3. Be careful with trading for a living. Could bite you in the ass when you are forced o make $$$$ off the market to survive.

4. As for your health problems, check if it is not the building that is making you sick. Could be your condo or your employer's place.

Happy New Year and god luck !

:D

#20     Jan 1, 2009