How Bout InterbankFX vs Oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by jackflash, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Any more updates on Interbank FX quote problems ?

#41     Dec 21, 2005
  2. sccz97

sccz97

either I've been a victim of some serious individual pricing or ibfx really isnt worth looking as. On most days when volatility gets to a certain level the spreads go wild. eurodollar freq goes from 2 pips to 8 pips. Admittedly I sometime take advantage of the slow feed they have but to continually push the quote against me 1 pip each second for half a minute is out of order. I can show you the graphs stored on my machine to prove it. As this didn't scare me out of closing the position, they promptyl increased the spread to 12 pips at which point i looked for the first chance to close out flat. I must say howver that this doesn't happen to most clients but please bear in mind that if a broker is willing to do this to one client, then none of you are safe.

#42     Dec 21, 2005
  3. Do you have a considerable account size ?

I didn't know they change the spread.

Please post some pictures !

#43     Dec 22, 2005
  4. sccz97

sccz97

Here's a snapshot of the offending chart. I have friends using ibfx as well and their charts look totally different to mine. And the fixed spreads promise is garbage. eur spread regularly blows up htroughout the day and almost always now around figures. Imho, ibfx is a fine so long as you trade only a few times a day, holding positions for at least a few hours. That way you're unlikely to be worried about the odd pip here and there. However, the blatant individual pricing is a major concern, and tbh .. has not frightetend me off. It has just made me more determined to milk these guys for everything they got

#44     Dec 22, 2005
  5. sccz97, what's your time zone?

#45     Dec 22, 2005
  6. sccz97

sccz97

gmt

#46     Dec 22, 2005
  7. If that's GMT, then your chart is showing a spike down to about 1.1864 (bid? ask? average?) at 3:01 pm GMT, correct? That's 10:01 am EST, when the true low on my IB (an ECN) chart at that time on Tuesday, Dec. 20th was 1.1904 bid / 06 ask. That's a 40 pip spike. Nice...

Even if we assume that the clocks are not synched, the true low anywhere from 10:00 to 10:04 EST was 1.1892 / 94. That would make for a "mere" 28-30 pip spike down.

Actually, I believe much of your chart is off. For example, take a look at the quiet, low-volatility period of 5 (five) 1-minute bars from 2:26 - 2:30 pm GMT. Your chart shows a range of about 1.1920 - 24. The true range was 1.1930 - 35, or 10 pips higher.

#47     Dec 22, 2005
  8. sccz97

sccz97

I think we're looking at slightly diff times ... in general, ibfx is spot on the market, just a tad slow to react, in fact ... I know this because I have an app that uses ib/efx feed to arb off.

#48     Dec 22, 2005
  9. Interesting. Then I am at a loss to explain what I am seeing.

#49     Dec 22, 2005
  10. Greziano

Greziano

Oanda is very superior to IBX

#50     Dec 22, 2005