How Bout InterbankFX vs Oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by jackflash, Sep 2, 2005.

1. misha7

misha7

Sorry, but this is just a load of marketing gibberish. How is this superior business model different from any IB/White Label business? All trades end up with a market-maker eventually?
    Won't those market-makers who supposedly provide "quotes and fills" be taking the "adversarial role"?

Besides is there a list of banks? I have doubts that ANY bank will provide fills for 10k trades, unless it's smth like Saxo "bank" which is not really a bank at all. If the whole point is to have another intermediaty before the trade gets to Refco, Saxo or FXCM then ....

#11     Sep 3, 2005
  2. Perhaps you should read this and compare it with the services offered by Saxo, Refco or FXCM before continuing to repeatedly express your skepticism:

http://www.interbankfx.com/aboutus.htm

#12     Sep 3, 2005
  3. mahras2

mahras2

Yes the spreads remain the same even during NFP. I have traded with FXCM previously and many times my stops were dishonored and trades took 10-15 seconds to fill. I havent had this problem with IBFX. All their hedging is done by outside sources which allows them to focus on execution and operations.

#13     Sep 3, 2005
  4. misha7

misha7

I am not skeptical... I just know smth about this market and I can't stand lies.

For example, from the link you provided:

"Our state of the art trading platform is what sets our company apart from the rest of the market. "

Well, the platform is not "theirs" by any means, the platform is a well-know product called Metatrader built and developed by a company based in Russia and Cyprus. The platform is currently used by such brokers as FXDD in the US, MIG in Switzerland, Alpari in Russia and a dozen of other companies. Here is their web site in case you're interested: http://www.metaquotes.net

"Through it's partnership with registered FCMs, it enables our customer access to real interbank liquidity..."

Well, this is at least more honest. No b%&^%t about "banks" anymore, trades are going through to registered forex FCMs, just as I wrote in the previous post. Please bother to check who these are (given the spread I am starting to suspect that all trades go to IFX Commerce).

#14     Sep 3, 2005
  5. who cares and what difference does it make? a two pip spread is a two pip spread. i mean u start out being skeptical just from their name! do you know my exwife or something?

i appreciate some healthy skepticism but put out some alternative. who do u trade with? why? gimmie somethin here...

#15     Sep 3, 2005
  6. thanks ... i had that same prob, and then some with fxsolu. im still encouraged if pipscooper can get me straigt on the margin/close out your position thing.

#16     Sep 3, 2005
  7. gees misha...i guess they could say "our state of the art platform" without discrediting the whole firm. afterall, marketing is marketing but i could argue, if it was me, that it is mine; i have it and oanda doesnt, fxsoulu doesnt, etc., etc.. the platform was one of the reasons i looked at them in the first place. but what significance is this when the guys are saying they are an excellent firm? good fills, good spreads, good platform and good leverage. whats up with u?

maybe i should qualify...have u been talking to my First exwife? she would just whine and complain and not have any solutions...who do you trade with and why?

#17     Sep 3, 2005
  8. Let's say you have a $2,000 mini account (200:1 leverage). You could max out your leverage by opening 40 mini lots (2000/$50 per lot). When your account balance went to $1000 (50% available margin), you would get a margin call and have your postion closed.

#18     Sep 3, 2005
  9. I do not trade FX but I know someone who does.

She uses Interbank and thinks they are great :D

Don-

#19     Sep 3, 2005
  10. thanks pip. i take it you could then open with 20 and ride to 500 etc. right?

#20     Sep 3, 2005