how big is your self sabotege? this big...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mute9003, Jul 8, 2021.

1. mute9003

mute9003

so i organized my room so i would get up to a clean room tomorrow when market opens because my brain was saying how irritating it was to have this extra stuff in my room etc...

so i was about to go to bed and was eating peanuts.
    as i was cleaning them up i thought how cool that the room is clean i have no excuse to not get up and feel good and as soon as i said that i bumped the peanut shells and its allover the room
    so i said wtf. cleaned it up and as i was finishing up i thought again well this time ima feel good tomorrow
    and again i caught the bowl with my hand and here sht goes flying again allover the floor second time
    this is where i caught up to whats happening lol

this was legit a pure moment of self sabotage that has been showing up in my trading since the begining in many different ways but result always the same. i miss good trades good gains and never miss losses...
    i literally woke up looked at almost 10000 gains and went back to sleep
    my brain literally said oh no buddy this is too good. you are so tired you go back to sleep and wake up later. so i did but only to a 1500 gain instead of 9k and 12k
    these are just two examples of many that i tracked down over time.
    problem is i dont know why this self sabotage is even there or what it is from
    is it fear of success or some other crap? i cant figure out.

this happened to me throughout life in multiple ways
    like when i hated my job i would hit every red light on the way there every single day. consistently.
    enough for me to take note that i am stopping at nearly every single light, many times even literally every light.
    after a year of that i got rid of it by distraction..
    then as soon as that was gone people started to consistently try to merge into my lane right in front of me all the time
    so i changed my driving style to more unpredictable and watched how they struggled to change into my lane but couldnt because i was already next to them or in different lane... and then it stopped after few months
    my brain is just always finding patterns in everything thats why im interested in the trading but again ran into this sabotage issue where im consistently making wrong moves.. and i mean consistently

anyone else deal with self sabotage? because this is very irritating and slowing down my progress alot

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. d08

d08

Your brain is finding patterns where there are none.
    And by the way, most traffic lights are cyclical, so a slight adjustment to your speed would fix it instantly.

forexpreneur and murray t turtle like this.
  3. mute9003

mute9003

that was before lights were cyclical
    and they are not cyclical and set on repeating locked pattern. they are adaptive to traffic. which i also notice...
    it is finding patterns where there are patterns.
    and thats not the point of my post. i didnt exaggerate any of this. i

4. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Focusing on $ or any other goal instead of the methods or using the tools correctly is the issue.

Learn your tools so well they are burned into your head. Know their limits. Then focus on doing the right thing with them. Results will follow.

Frankly it sounds like you need a foundation of skills first. If you think finding patterns is the "key" you are not even in the game yet.

5. %%
    Exactly;
    + the traffic managers also study trends, so they know more or less the main road says green+ red/LOL longer than that side street. OUR state has turn on red after stop , so good work around........................................................
    ALSO i've noticed i spilled my coffee 2 times more or less past 52 weeks but i caught it2 times also before it hit the car floor.
    WHEN first trading i noticed i broke more rules than now or past 3 years.Sounds with his consistent goofs/needs to fade himself \ edit especially its silly greed/trading to big:caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

6. I also tend to find patterns in everything and feel like I self sabotage many things that were too important. Trading needs a calm mind and if your mind is occupied with other thoughts or self doubt ( like in my case) , you tend to make mistakes very often. I’m working on it and trying some meditation these days :). And yes a messy environment breeds negativity, so try and keep your surrounding clean. Try out scented candles, they work wonders.

7. Analyze your thoughts and opinions about yourself. Is what is stopping you really the truth? Perhaps this is just your personal invention, and in reality it will not hurt you in the least? Be kind to yourself. If something does not work out, do not blame yourself, but, on the contrary, encourage it. Then it will be much easier to get up and walk again. But remember that sometimes our unwillingness to do something can be to our advantage.