How bad will the recession get???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jan 26, 2009.

How bad will the recession get???

1. Worse than the Great Depression

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. It will be bad, but America will come out stronger.

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. We will get out, but the long run is very uncertain.

34 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Undicided.

9 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. That might actually require some work on my part..........so let me ask you..........who would do a better job stimulating the economy, me, you & the rest of the private sector spending money on what we want OR the government spending our money (or borrowed money) on whatever they want?

#11     Jan 26, 2009
  2. It would be better for me, you and the rest of the private sector to get the money and do what we want. However, all of us are full of debt already and unable to get the necessary $$$ to make a real change.
    This leaves only govt at all levels to deal with the crisis effectively.
    I do not like it but that's the way.

#12     Jan 26, 2009
  3. stock: you know why you will only lose in investing/trading? You are still married to posistions you don't even own anymore! (I don't think uou ever owned anything, much less an option posistion). I see you've taken your depression meds since the other day (why is the market so low balh blah blah) you are back in manic mode...Markets up 1% and that is surging? We get 1% moves avery half hour...I hate to see people blow up, but you on the other hand? You need to be taught a lesson, and the mkt is the perfect teacher...

#13     Jan 26, 2009
  4. Ok, so part of the stimulas package is 100's of millions spent on birth control and billions spent on education. How does this stimulate the economy, beside the school construction aspect?

#14     Jan 27, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Hahahahahahaha... ROTFLMAO! Good one!

#15     Jan 27, 2009
  6. Ever heard of the multiplier effect...............velocity of money in circulation????

#16     Jan 27, 2009
  7. Sure, it's how fast money changes hands. This so called stimulas package won't even hit the streets in large part until 2010 - 2011 in typical slow-mo government fashion.

I like the idea one congressman had. Immediately give everyone a one year income tax vacation. Now thats velocity of money! :D

#17     Jan 27, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

If done, the Gummit would have to borrow/print >$3 Trillion for Gummint spending.

How can that be a good thing?

#18     Jan 27, 2009
  9. So lets just do it for the amount of time to equal the stimulas package. They've got to print the money anyway, right? I like the idea of US spending the money, rather then THEM.

#19     Jan 27, 2009
  10. I know this is beating a dead horse, but what this country really needs is a long term plan, and that plan has already been researched. Its the FairTax.

Our current tax plan punishes achievers. If you want to see massive growth through American entrepreneurial sprit, let a man, as well as companies keep all of their earned money. Companies from all over the world would want to set up shop here, THIS YEAR. It's estimated that there's $13 trillion operating overseas, because of United States corporate taxes.

Announce the FairTax tomorrow, and the do'ers of America will go spastic trying to come up with new plans to create and expand.

#20     Jan 27, 2009